Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Posting Games I_vote_lcapPosting Games I_voting_barPosting Games I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Posting Games Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Posting Games

Go down 
+3
Stef
vem123
Terraplant
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 pm

I know that posting games promote spam,but admit it,you like them. We could bring them back in a seperate section where you get no credits and your post count doesn't increase.
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:58 pm

There can't be a section where the post count doesn't increase, but believe me, the reason posting games exist, is bulding a solid post count by making 3-4 extra posts in a day. Of course (no offense) , in all other academies posting games is one of the reasons that people remain active, because the actually like to spam ( seriously around 50-60 from the 100 posts per day in some of the ''big academies'' are spam in that section ) To be honest if we removed that spam from their posts we would be equally active to them . Personally i don't like posting games a lot in a forum, but i believe 1 or 2 in the off topic section wouldn't hurt x]

Let's hear what others have to say and if they agree we may open one or two posting games xD
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Are you sure about that? Because I've seen a forum with posting games where your post count doesn't increase.
Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:04 pm

A Posting Games section is out of the question.

1-2 ORIGINAL posting games in the off-topic section are ok, as long as they have a meaning and don't just exist to be filled with useless spam. Like the spoon posting game (for anyone who remembers it ;) ) was pretty fun and people had some pretty funny and original ideas!

However, like I said in my first sentence, no separate Posting Games section.

EDIT: Terra was that a Forumotion forum? If not, then that is the reason. We do not host the forum and we do not have the rights to customise the forum as much as we'd like to.
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:05 pm

It may be a nonforumotion forum , or they may delete the posts at the end of the day, or something like that. I am 100% there is not such thing as a non-increasing postcount. That's not a problem, since they goal of posting games is increasing your posting count a bit..

EDIT : Agrees with stef. The spoon game was epic xD
Back to top Go down
Chaos714
Chaos714

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Terraplant wrote:
Are you sure about that? Because I've seen a forum with posting games where your post count doesn't increase.

@Terra:
Spoiler:

Btw, I think some posting games should be opened, where you can post at least 3 posts a day to prevent spam :P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxidia36
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:39 pm

"A Posting Games section is out of the question."

Here we are back to the disagreement we had in the chat earlier

Members are discussing a matter and suddenly the STAFF guy busts in says NO democraticly so it ends there
And to confort us he gives us 1-2 in off topic section. How nice of you....

Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 pm

@Redgar

So if someone asked politely to delete SDA completely and members discussed about it and I said "No way" right away, would that be a bad thing?

Stop acting so rebellious and "against the system" just because we had a discussion in the chat.

We've had posting games in the past, I've experienced what a posting game section does in other forums and we've also discussed this with Vem.

Vem gave some pf the reasons we don't want to put a posting game section, and I'll add one too. One of the main goals when we renewed SDA was to make it smaller in size. Adding new sections will make it become longer once again. I never said NO POSTING GAMES, I said NO POSTING GAME SECTION.

You don't gain anything by commenting on my every post denying a suggestion. Suggestions are called suggestions because they are IDEAS that COULD benefit the forum. There are some suggestions that will be rejected for some reasons we mention in our responses.

I mean, come on ;\
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Well stef, it did seem a little bit commanding... But yeah, i guess it would be okay to have a few posting games because they're funny sometimes, but a whole topic does promote spam. That's what bothers me about tda, all the recent posts are from posting games, so it's hard to follow what's happening in the academy. I also don't care for posting games that much in general, but I guess 1 or 2 wouldn't hurt if people really want to have them
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 am

Stef wrote:
@Redgar

So if someone asked politely to delete SDA completely and members discussed about it and I said "No way" right away, would that be a bad thing?

Stop acting so rebellious and "against the system" just because we had a discussion in the chat.

We've had posting games in the past, I've experienced what a posting game section does in other forums and we've also discussed this with Vem.

Vem gave some pf the reasons we don't want to put a posting game section, and I'll add one too. One of the main goals when we renewed SDA was to make it smaller in size. Adding new sections will make it become longer once again. I never said NO POSTING GAMES, I said NO POSTING GAME SECTION.

You don't gain anything by commenting on my every post denying a suggestion. Suggestions are called suggestions because they are IDEAS that COULD benefit the forum. There are some suggestions that will be rejected for some reasons we mention in our responses.

I mean, come on ;\

@Steff: Ok now believe me i have better things to do than "rebel" against you. I just express my opinion and in this point i think it's the right one. Your tone WAS commanding you didn't say "I'd rather not open a poosting game section beacuse..." but you just stated sth and you were absolute with it. No that i don't like. Also you said you wanted to make the academy smaller. Ok i don't know why you'd want this but i am fine with it. But still you must respect your members and since a large ammount of them wants posting games then i think you should add some not consider adding some in the near future(Papandreou).

Also i don't post on everything you comment just on the things i think you are wrong about(and yeah it might come as a surprise but you are not always right). I am fine with not accepting all suggestions that's logical but if the members want something to be done(and not 1 or 2 members) but the majority of them then i don't see why you don't do it.

With Regards
A simple non-staff member
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:45 am

@redgar. A posting games section is something absolutely not needed.. There will be only 3-4 topics per month, and that would make the forum bigger in size and harder to explore. Stef just put a logical limit to Terra's idea. If you guys want some posting games, then you can do it. But we want to put a limit to the number
of those games, since we think that more than 2-3 are just a spamming party. I personally don't want SDA to become a spamming place. Two or three posting games are ok.
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:17 am

Much better. But i still dont get why being big is a problem :/
Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 am

@Redgar

The tone was commanding because it wasn't meant to be a discussion starter.

I stated the reasons in my post. SDA's rules say that spam is not allowed. The only way a SEPARATE Posting Games section would be needed is if we wanted to make a lot of Posting Games, or in other words, a lot of spam. That would go against the rules.

You also didn't get the meaning of my post. I NEVER denied the member's idea. Terraplant requested Posting Games, not a Posting Games section. What I said was to make what Vem said earlier clear, which is that we're not going to open a Posting Games section. However, I agreed to the fact that we can have some FUN and MEANINGFUL Posting Games in the Off Topic section, therefore agreeing with the member's suggestion, at least partly.

You said that I shouldn't reject the suggestion when members want that. I'll tell you what:
Terraplant made the suggestion thinking that it could avoid breaking the rules because he thought there could be a way to disable increasing the post count in Posting Games. We politely told him that that is not possible, but we suggested an alternative.

Chaos agreed with the idea of having posting games with 3 posts a day maximum, which would almost be the same with having less posting games. Terraplant hasn't agreed or disagreed to the alternative since he isn't online to check what we said. Harper was neutral, but agreed with the alternative we gave.

I am not against Posting Games as long as they are meaningful and entertaining and not just a topic where you post a letter of the alphabet one after another and create a gigantic topic with the alphabet written 20 times in it.

And last but not least, you said that I'm not always right and if the majority of members requested something I should listen to them.

Of course I'm not always right, I never said I am. When acting as a Staff member, I'm acting as a tool for the rules of the forum, not as a member. There are times I act as a member to express my opinion, and in those cases I may be wrong. When acting as a Staff member I just say what CAN be done and what CAN'T be done. In these case I do that by following the rules.

If the members requested to break the rules, that doesn't mean I will let them. The rules were created to be followed, and if you don't like them then why are you here in the first place? Spam is against the rules and we can't let SDA become full of spam.

EDIT: A big forum is harder to explore and to find the topics you're interested in. For a veteran member it may not matter that much, but for a newcomer it will be one of the first things that will determine if the forum is good or bad for him. What we want right now is new members to be active here, so we want to make the general appearance of the forum attractive to newcomers.

Regards,
Stef
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:49 am

Come on now are you considered a staff member? YOu make long posts repeating what you said to be seem that you know what you re talking about while you are just spamming nonsense.
Come on now don't sell this crap to me i know you better than anyone in here(ok maybe not better than terra does but you get what i mean).
SO getr serious and cut these long posts they dont prove anything

With Regards,
~Redgar

Last edited by redgar on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:34 am

Personally i despise posting games, it's just an easy and quick way to gather Credits and posts. However we could put Yugioh related posting games to improve our knowledge of the game and our English too in some way...

The posting game where we "normalized" a monster was pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 am

Whoa whoa whoa! We're here to disguss about posting games not Redgar's opinion of the staff. Since we cannot make a posting games section,I'm fine with some meaningful posting games.

BTW,longer posts may atrract some girls to the forum (IT HAD TO BE DONE. If you are a girl and was offended I'm sorry.).
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:03 am

Well, Terra you can open 1-2 games in the offtopic secion now if you want, since we all know your originality on creating those :D
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Yeah, Terra makes epic posting games xD
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 am

Since I'm on my Wii now,I'll make a posting game from my PC tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Posting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Games   Posting Games Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Posting Games
Page 1 of 1