Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Legendary Six Samurai  I_vote_lcapLegendary Six Samurai  I_voting_barLegendary Six Samurai  I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Legendary Six Samurai  I_vote_lcapLegendary Six Samurai  I_voting_barLegendary Six Samurai  I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Legendary Six Samurai

Go down 
+6
vem123
aris
redgar
Terraplant
Stef
Harper7000
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

Legendary Six Samurai  Empty
PostSubject: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:00 pm

I want you take a sec and picture in your minds the top 2 aggro decks in the entire metagame right now. Most likely, you will think of Blackwings and X-sabers. Now, imagine that a few of the best x-sabers and support were instead Blackwings and Blackwing support (or vice-versa), and Black Whirlwind was unlimited. Impossible? Not after Storm of Ragnarok. It's not a new archtype we're talking about either... It's just an old archtype with new and amazing support. And the archtype is... (drumroll) Six Samurai! No, really, check out these new cards:

Legendary Six Samurai - Shien
Legendary Six Samurai  300px-LegendarySixSamurai-ShienSTOR-JP-SR

1 warrior tuner+1 or more non-tuner "Six Samurai" monsters
Once per turn, when your opponent activates a spell/trap card, you can negate the activation of that card and destroy it. If this face-up card you control would be destroyed, you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

The new boss monster for Six Samurai. Obviously, this card is useless outside of Six sams, but even so, the stardust-like effect and stats make up for it. It's a level 5, which combos well with the new level 1 and 2 six samurai tuners also coming out. It's a huge beatstick for a level 5, and has a really useful effect with all the swarming that goes on. This + great shogun shien=no spell OR traps for your opponent.

Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
Legendary Six Samurai  300px-LegendarySixSamurai-KizanSTOR-JP-SR

If you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster, except "True Six Samurai - Kizan", you can special summon this card from your hand. While you control 2 or more other "Six Samurai" monsters, this card gains 300 ATK and DEF.

Remember how much Grandmaster boosted the archtype? Now there are essentially 6 grandmasters in the deck. And, unlike grandmaster, you can control as many Kizans as you like. Bring on the synchro spam! This is like the six sam version of Blackwing - Bora the Spear, but a better beatstick.

Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho
Legendary Six Samurai  148573_143803772333935_100001129393833_199915_2336047_n

If you control a face-up "True Six Samurai - Shinai, you can special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can tribute 1 "Six Samurai" monster, except this card, to destroy 1 card on the field. 

Okay, I don't know how much you guys knew about six samurai before, but one of the best combos you could do with six samurai before was the grandmaster/hand of te six samurai loop. If you have 2 gateway of the six on the field, you can special summon grandmaster, which will give you 4 counters total. Then use hand's effect to tribute grandmaster and destroy a monster, then use gateway's effect to remove 4 counters and return grandmaster to your hand, then special grandmaster again, putting 4 new counters on your gateways. You can repeat until all monsters are gone. Now, with mizuho, since it destroys any card, you can destroy your opponent's ENTIRE FIELD. Keep in mind that the combo also works with Kizan, which you also have 3 of. This card is the deck's new MVP in my opinion. You'll be pulling off the loop a lot with all the toolboxing/reverse toolboxing six samurai now have.

Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
Legendary Six Samurai  300px-LegendarySixSamurai-KagekiSTOR-JP-R

When this card is normal summoned, you can special summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Six Samurai" monster from your hand. When you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, this card gains 1500 ATK.

Can you say "Xx-saber Boggart Knight"? However, boggart is better for several reasons. First off it's dangerous to use Kageki if you don't have a tuner in hand... Reason being, if you lose your other six samurai, you have a wimpy 200 atk monster left wide open. Also, he's a level 3... Nota huge downside, but it provides some confusion about which new tuner to use. If Kageki is used, you'll also want to use the level 2 tuner so you can instant synchro Shien, but many of your other Six sams are level 4, so do you use the level 1 or level 2 tuner? Or both? I like this card, but i'm just not sure how many copies to use of him if at all. I'm not 100% convinced that a "Boggart knight" is needed in 3s when you have 6 "Bora". 

Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai
Legendary Six Samurai  300px-LegendarySixSamurai-ShinaiSTOR-JP-C

If you control a face-up "Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho", you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card is tributed, select and add one "Six Samurai" monster from your graveyard to your hand, except "Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai"

Actually a decent card. He's obviously meant to be used as Mizuho fodder, and has a nice effect to make you not lose advantage. With all the reverse-toolboxing from Gateway and occasionally Grandmaster, I wouldn't say he's necessary though.

Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
Legendary Six Samurai  410px-LegendarySixSamurai-EnishiSTOR-JP-SR

Once per turn, when you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, you can remove from play 2 "Six Samurai" monsters from your graveyard to select 1 face-up monster on the field and return it to the owner's hand. This effect can be activated during your opponent's turn. While you control 2 or more face-up "Six Samurai" monsters, except "Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi", this card gains 500 ATK and DEF.

Probably the worst of the new Samurai. He has nice ATK but a meh effect. Generally, you'll want your sams in the graveyard so you can reverse-toolbox them, and the original Enishi is much better at monster removal. There are better Six Samurai to run IMO.

Kagemusha of The Six Samurai
Legendary Six Samurai  Kagemusha_of_The_Six_Samurai_Preview

Tuner. If a face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control is targeted by a card effect, you can change the target to this card instead.

Finally, a Six Samurai tuner! The name actually counts for a lot, you can grab him with gateway, shien's smoke signal, or grandmaster, and since he's a "Six Samurai" you can special summon Kizan and Grandmaster when he's on the field, or tribute him for Mizuho's effect. And he can tune with Mizuho, Kageki, or Yaichi to summon Shien! His synchroing possiblities are bigger than Shien's Yoriko. Kagemusha's effect is meh... It may rarely be used, but not very often.

Shien's Yoriko
Legendary Six Samurai  400px-Shien'sYorikoSTOR-JP-C

Tuner. When a face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control battles, you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard during damage calculation. That monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Another meh effect, but it can tune with a level 4 samurai for Shien. Because he doesn't have "Six Samurai" in his name, I doubt he'll see as much use as Kagemusha, but I don't know really, I'm on the fence about him still.

Shien's Smoke Signal
Legendary Six Samurai  400px-Shien'sSmokeSignalSTOR-JP-R

Add 1 Level 3 or lower "Six Samurai" monster from your deck to your hand.

Simple, but amazing :). It can search for Mizuho, kagemusha, and more. It's almost like having rota at 4.

Here's some of the combos you can do: Activate Black Whirlwind... Oops, i mean Gateway of The Six, summon Boggart Knight... Erm, Kageki, use his effect to special summon Kagemusha, special summon Faultroll (Great Shogun Shien), and tune Kageki and Kagemusha for Xx-saber Shien (Legendary Six Samurai Shien that is). Then remove 4 of your 6 counters to add Blackwing - Bora the Spear (Kizan) from your deck to your hand, bringing your counters to 2, special summon Kizan, bringing your counters to 4, remove all 4 to search for another Bora (Kizan), special summon him... And all of a sudden, you have 2 2500 ATK monsters and 2 2100 ATK monsters. If you happen to have Dark Hole too, that's gg. Discuss! :)

Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Really nice article, +1 from me.

Just some advice for your next articles, be careful when formatting the text. When writing an article, capitalizing and not using unneded abbreviations make it seem a lot better.

Again, good work, Six Samurais FTW!

Also, moved to Articles and Fan-Fiction. I think it's a more approppriate place for this.
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 am

Sigh...Konami never learns.

Nice article Harper,but it is missing some cards like the new field and the traps.
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 am

Very nice article indeed good job Harper.
Although i don't really like using meta decks i think i can make an exception :)
Back to top Go down
aris
Experienced
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:33 am

best deck of the format.i can see kageki at 1,2
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 am

Nice article harper :)
I hope samurais will be hit by the banlist quickly -_-
Back to top Go down
Giapostolo

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:44 am

vem123 wrote:

I hope samurais will be hit by the banlist quickly -_-

Not until i play them ;-;
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 am

can't imagine how you are gonna sack with them 0.o
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am

One thing that is sure is that Six Samurai Whirlwing will get limited at least. It enables lots of OTKs as well as some Mass Driver FTKs. Maybe Konami will learn from this and ban Mass Driver and bring back Subby!
Back to top Go down
Giapostolo

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 am

vem123 wrote:
can't imagine how you are gonna sack with them 0.o
Just wait for it. ;D
Back to top Go down
Chaos714
Chaos714

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Six Sams are gonna be really broken, especially with this new "Grandmaster" here xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxidia36
aris
Experienced
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:10 pm

i hope i will be able to play samurai next nationals.hope they dont get banned
Back to top Go down
ThePro
ThePro

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

six sams are going to be broken as hell, whit "hand" and gateway u will really *CENSORED* up the oppnent. i whonder how i will counter this deck , since almost evrybody will be using it when they come out xD
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm

3 Spell-Shattering Arrows for Gateways and Six Sam united.
Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Terraplant wrote:
3 Spell-Shattering Arrows for Gateways and Six Sam united.

Or Fairy Wind, in case someone techs some Royal Decrees or something. (Yeah I know, if Decree is already active you can't use Fairy Wind's effect, but you can still chain it to the Decree's activation to destroy it.)

Or even both? Ok, that'd be an overkill, but it would still be annoying for the opponent ;)
Back to top Go down
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:45 pm

I was glad the samurai died. No I'm not that happy any more :/ They came back and are going to r*pe the game :/

Spoiler:

Harper good job, +1'ed
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:54 pm

@Sin: Two words: Lost Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:02 am

Stef: thanks for the rep :). Okay, I'll format better next time, thanks for the suggestion.

Terraplant wrote:
One thing that is sure is that Six Samurai Whirlwing will get limited at least. It enables lots of OTKs as well as some Mass Driver FTKs. Maybe Konami will learn from this and ban Mass Driver and bring back Subby!

Definately, there's so many things you can do with it it's unreal. And Mass Driver should have been banned a long time ago. By itself it's junk, but Konami keeps coming out with these broken loops that let you tribute unendingly. I hate FTKs, maybe every once in a while I'll play Exodia for the lolz, but they're really cheap and no fun.

Redgar: yeah, I like meta usually but I'm getting tired of it xD. But I've loved these guys since STON so them becoming tier 0 is somewhat of a dream come true for me xD.

ThePro wrote:
six sams are going to be broken as hell, with "hand" and gateway u will really *CENSORED* up the opponent. i wonder how i will counter this deck , since almost everybody will be using it when they come out xD

Yeah, Spell-Shattering Arrow will be used (it's nice against Gravekeepers too), Kinetic Soldier will be used, Gozen Match will be used depending on what deck YOU use sl it won't hurt you too, Royal Oppression is always good at generic countering. Maybe people will even use random things like Summon Limit xD. But probably not

sinakis wrote:
I was glad the samurai died. No I'm not that happy any more :/ They came back and are going to r*pe the game :/

Spoiler:

Harper good job, +1'ed

How dare you hate my little samurai xD. Haha thanks for the rep, and yeah... Lost Sanctuary... Can't say I'm too happy about that, I have an issue with Kristya :P

Everyone: thanks for the comments, just didn't want to reply to everyone individually haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Six Samurai    Legendary Six Samurai  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Legendary Six Samurai
Page 1 of 1