Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapExcess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 I_voting_barExcess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapExcess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 I_voting_barExcess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)

Go down 
+17
Harper7000
Retsu
sinakis
synchrowarrior318
ace94
death-coder
iNoobishh
John Doe
redgar
Terraplant
e^ipi+1=0
Tyann
DoodleBop
platinumdragon
Winduct
vem123
Chaos714
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chaos714
Chaos714

Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Excess Summon:

An Excess Summon can be conducted when there are two or more monsters of the same Level on the field. Those monsters can be used as Material Monsters to Summon an Excess Monster whose Level is equal to the combined Levels of the monsters on the field.

Material Monsters are not sent to the Graveyard. Instead, they are used as overlay (???).

Excess Monsters

An Excess Monster is a monster that can be Special Summoned by an Excess Summon. They are kept in your Deck instead of your Extra Deck, and can only be Excess Summoned from your hand. Excess Monsters cannot be Special Summoned from your Graveyard unless they have been Excess Summoned first.

Currently, the only known Excess Monster is "Aero Shark".

(Copy+pasted from wikia. :P )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discuss :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxidia36

AuthorMessage
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:48 am

Nothing broken as of yet. That's all I want and have to say. If we get a broken exceed, then noone will stop Sams/BWs/etc.
Back to top Go down
Retsu
Retsu

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:49 pm

I kinda like the Exceed design. Mainly because it has a space effect on it. Revise Dragon might become an Exceed staple but its too early to tell.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Having them in the extra is both good and bad. Good bc they would be much less playable if you needed the odd summoning conditions in place AND an exceed in your hand. Bad bc extra deck space issues is NOT what we need. Unless they bump up the 15 limit I doubt we'll see excess and synchro spam coexist. It all depends how powerful excess monsters truly are
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Some information about the rulings of Exceeds

-Exceed Materials are not considered to be on the field.

-You cannot use Token monsters to Exceed Summon
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 pm

No tokens huh? Well it's logical I guess they would be too overpowerd if you could use tokens
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:52 am

The only thing I like about excess monsters is the font and the artwork. It's very complicated to summon them and with all the Fusion, Synchro, Ritual and stuff I think there are enough types of cards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
Panagiotis
Amateur
Amateur
Panagiotis

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2011 11:25 am

I guess that there will be decks tha will use them. Decks that run Summoner Monk, GS Spy and this kind of cards. They seem quite useful and cool to me....
Back to top Go down
NutHouseReject
NutHouseReject

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2011 10:49 pm

ok i have a few corrections here

exceed monsters ARE in the extra deck not the main deck

exceed monsters dont have levels they have ranks which means cards that revolve around levels dont have an effect on them such as level limit, level eater, synchro summoning etc.

the level matches the rank

so two or even three level 1 monsters equals a rank 1 monster
two level 2 = a rank 2

etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 2:27 am

Material Monsters are not sent to the Graveyard. Instead, they are used as overlay (???).

Overlay means the material monsters are not sent to grave but put under the exceed monster. The Exceed monster has usually uses those material monsters as a cost to use its effect. Some monsters are dead when they run out of material monsters.

And yea i agree with NHR
Back to top Go down
Panagiotis
Amateur
Amateur
Panagiotis

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 am

Personally I love them and i am really looking forward to their release day(May 31st):P

I watch the anime and i think they are amazing, I'll probably build a deck based on exceed summon
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 6:07 am

They are good but the problem is extra deck space :/. If it was unlimited I would spam the crap out of exceeds, but as it is I will only tech 1 or 2 depending on how broken they are. I also like fusions in hero varients so that clogs it like you wouldn't believe already...
Back to top Go down
Panagiotis
Amateur
Amateur
Panagiotis

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 9:27 am

i believe that the extra deck will go to 20
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 am

Why? Konami hasn't said anything about that
Back to top Go down
Panagiotis
Amateur
Amateur
Panagiotis

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 11:06 am

of course it hasn's. I just say that... carefree
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Exceed monsters are very good, There a lot of cards that makes them easy to sumon
YES I SAID there FREAKING easy to sumon

maybe some of you that plays IRL are seing some players asking for some cards that some people thinks they suck and they get them for cheap when those cards will worth a lot in near future

1st Exemple : Wisemans chalice

EFF : If you control no monsters, Select 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard. Special Summon it. During the End Phase of this turn, give control of that Special Summoned monster to your opponent. The monster cannot be Tributed, or used as a Synchro Material Monster, while it is face-up on the field.

You cant synchro the monster, you cant tribute it, what is left... Exeed ! I can stiill remember how this card was overlooked when it cames out in DREV. I wont reveal more exeed techs cuz I'm Making an article on it in DGA and dont wana spoil the techs XD but yea, this looks like when the synchro cames out, it tooked a while before someone realised that MIND CONTROL was actualy a good card XD the dude had to make a video about it cuz nobody was using it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)   Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Excess Summon & Monsters (!!!!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2