Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
vem123
Surpass Your Limits I_vote_lcapSurpass Your Limits I_voting_barSurpass Your Limits I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Surpass Your Limits I_vote_lcapSurpass Your Limits I_voting_barSurpass Your Limits I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Surpass Your Limits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

Surpass Your Limits Empty
PostSubject: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:23 am

Gentlemen, you are looking at the deck of the future 8). Most of you know I loved, and pwned with, Quickdraw Debris variants last format. They got hit pretty darn hard by the banlist...I mean I knew it would happen but I just assumed they would only hit Dandy down to one...no such luck. We lost a Dandy, a Debris, 2 Books, 1 Warning (if you played 3), Cold Wave, Goyo Guardian...ouch. Even that didn't seem SO bad, but by doing that Konami effectively took out what made Debris-Dandy/Quickdraw Dandy so consistant. Debris was needed for Black Rose nukes and Stardust plays, but not only was the chances of drawing into Debris lowered, but it's best target (Dandy) was also less likely to be in the grave. QuickDraw Synchron, despite how much I still like it, was made pretty much unplayable in the deck. Sure, you have plenty of other monsters to pitch besides Dandy, many times QD saved me by dumping a Bulb or Spore that I needed in the grave. But basically it was there to dump Dandy and start exploding...and it's just not worth dead drawing into it if you don't haves Dandy in hand. And cutting QD to 1 also kinda defeats the purpose of even having him.
At first I just repaced the lost cards with other cards that have synergy with the deck, but it was like "no...it's missing something." Not to mention that it can't keep up as well with OTK decks which are ever-so-popular. Then thought about Chaos Plants...it seemed like a good idea, it's most people's solution since the deck has a decent number of darks and lights.
But then I thought..."that's such a mundane way to go. Accepting that the deck is slower and use the herp-derp Chaos Sorceror to try to make up for it." QuickDraw/Debris/Dandy/Plant Synchro/Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-It has never been about slowing down to suit others, only about speeding up. It has the spirit of Yusei Fudo, always acceling past its limits. And then the answer seemed quite obvious: be more like Yusei. I mean seriously...Yusei isn't Yugi or Jaden, the character actually has a lot of skill and his strategies are highly playable even in the toughest meta. He has his random crap cards and highly situational plot device cards too, but Yusei is the REAL main character in my opinion. He's the king of synchro spam. And synchro spam is what the deck is all about.

Enter Shooting Quesar Dragon and Tech Genus Hyper Librarian, the most broken synchros in recent memory, perhaps the most broken synchros ever.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Are they usable? Yes. Then that means that they're abusable. The answer to the banlist for Dandy players is the same answer as it always is: Keep evolving. Keep adapting. Keep speeding up. The way I found to do this is by using a new engine with cards used by, you guessed it, Yusei Fudo. They are:

Junk Synchron
Doppelwarrior

I'm sure most of you have heard of both of these, but I'll explain what they do just in case.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Blah blah the tokens are in attack mode, blah blah it's only when it's used to synchro and not when it hits the grave. I know. It's not Dandy. Deal with it. It's still awesome. There are many more plays you can do with Doppel. He has synergy with Junk so he can be summoned from the grave, and he is also easily summonable from the hand. Both Junk and Doppel are dark so we may as well use Chaos too since we have the room, and Formula and Librarian are both light and you spam them a lot. Doppel may seem dead sometimes, but he rarely EVER is. You have 3 Junk, 2 Debris, Glow Up Bulb, Spore, Reborn, Call, and Limit Reverses (if you run them) to revive stuff. That's at least 9 cards to revive monsters to set off Doppel. Now let's move on to the new synchros. Hyper Librarian is a generic level 5 synchro, so Junk+Doppel/ryko summons him no problem. There's other ways to spam him too but this is the most basic way. Shooting Quesar, surprisingly enough, is actually playable. The easiest way to go is 2 level 5 synchros+formula synchron. Since he's playable, that makes Shooting Star even more playable than it already was, and soon we'll also have Tech Genus Blade Blaster, which is better in some ways because he's generic. To summon Shooting Star, all you have to have is Debris and Doppel in hand, and Bulb in the grave. Summon Debris, special Bulb, special Doppel because Bulb was summoned. Tune Debris and Doppel for Iron Chain, summon 2 tokens, tune Bulb with a Doppel Token for Formula, draw 1, mill a card, special Bulb again, tune with the other token for another Formula, draw 1, tune Formula with Iron Chain for Stardust, tune the other Formula with Stardust for Shooting Star o_O. So by using 2 cards from your hand (Debris and Doppel), you draw 2 cards and get a gigantic, destruction-negating, attack-negating, multiple-attacking beatstick. So you get a +1 to summon Shooting Star in one turn. There's PLENTY of other ways to summon him too, but that's the "new" way. Shooting Quasar relies a little more on a synchro surviving for at least 1 round, or if you have Reborn or Call to bring a synchro back. Let's say you have a Catastor on the field. Summon Junk Synchron, special summon Bulb from grave, special summon Doppel from hand (or summon Doppel from grave and use Bulb eff from grave). Tune Junk and Doppel for Librarian, tune Bulb with a token for Formula, draw 2 from the combined effects of Librarian and Formula, then tune Librarian and Catastor AND Formula for Shooting Quasar. So you used 2 cards in your hand (Junk and Doppel), and one card on the field (Catastor) to draw 2 cards and summon an EVEN MORE GIGANTIC, spell-negating, trap-negating, effect-negating, double-attacking, Shooting Star-summoning beatstick. So a +0 for the greatest boss monster known to man. If you use another Librarian instead of Catastor, it's a +2 to summon the greateast boss monster known to man. What, he got Solemn Warninged? Who cares? You still have a +2 over the opponent, the opponent has 2000 less life points and you only have one more Warning to worry about. And Shooting Quasar can't be summoned from the grave so e can't come back to bite you in the butt if he dies (yes, i'm also aware that he couldn't be summoned from the grave in that situation because he wasn't properly synchro summoned). If you don't happen to have another level 5, the same combo can give you Hyper Librarian, Formula, and a token. 
Random person in the backround: "Boo! That's boring!"
Me: "Shut the hell up."
By using Junk and Doppel in your hand, you just drew 2 cards and gained 3 monsters...a +3. And that +3 can turn into a Blackrose for even more advantage, or a level 8 if you need that for some reason. Not enough? Okay, fine. Formula allows you to Blackrose on the OPPONENT'S turn so the opponent has to 1. Not do anything significant, or 2. Lose more advantage. Both of those are good for you. There's a crapload of other things to do with this evolution of Debris Dandy, but I'll let you figure them out for yourself. With all the milling from 3 Ryko, 2 Trooper, Charge, Bulb, Tuning, and Foolish, these combos are super easy to pull off. Not only does that allow the deck to keep up fairly well with the otk format, but the deck still has its control elements like Ryko. It can explode, or it can wait around for the opponent to minus themselves.

Here's my decklist. It's by no means perfected yet, it needs more testing, so by all means comment and tell me what you think I should change to improve on it. Cards that are new to my build are explained.

Doppel Plants
       Monsters: (20)
Chaos Sorceror (I will probably bump this up to 2, but I'm not sure what I will drop yet)
Junk Synchron x3 (read the article)
Doppelwarrior x3 (read the article)
Debris Dragon x2
Dandylion
Glow Up Bulb
Spore
Lonefire Blossom x2
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter x3
Sangan
Card Trooper x2 (got semi'd...why not run 2?)
       Spells: (12)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Book Of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Pot Of Avarice x2 (dropped 1 for space issues, they can sometimes be dead at 3, and because Chaos sometimes removes my targets)
Charge Of The Light Brigade
Reinforcement Of The Army (grabs Junk or Doppel)
Tuning (grabs Junk. Yeah, he's that important)
Foolish Burial
       Traps: (8)
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning x2
Call Of The Haunted (yeah...it's Call)
       Extra: (15)
Shooting Quasar Dragon (doesn't need to be explained. If you manage to summon him without getting Solemned and you still lose, I will personally kill you for being an idiot)
Shooting Star Dragon
Trishula Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Stardust Dragon
Colossal Fighter (he's easier to summon now that I have Junks, and he is godlike against sams)
Scrap Dragon
Black Rose Dragon x2
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Iron Chain Dragon
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Tech Genus Hyper Librarian x2 (read the article)
Formula Synchron x2 (added another because I dropped Drill and he's even better now than before. I would use 3 if I had space)
       Other Possible Cards:
Tech Genus Halberd Cannon (as easy to summon as Quasar)
Tech Genus Blade Blaster (easier to summon than Shooting Star)
Arcanite Magician (you have Chaos and Librarian now)
Junk Destroyer (so pro...I want to put him back in so much)
Junk Warrior (Junk+doppel, summon tokens, Warrior goes up to 3100 atk)
Tech Genus Hyper Librarian
Armory Arm (for the colossal otk and because I can summon him)
Formula Synchron
Chaos Sorceror (I'm dropping SOMETHING for him, just not sure what yet)
Dark Armed Dragon
Spirit Reaper
Tragoedia (otk format and doppel tokens are summoned in atk)
QuickDraw Synchron
One For One (duh)
Allure Of Darkness (a lot more darks now)
Mind Control (7 tuners...wish I had room)
Limit Reverse x2
Trap Stun

So yeah, that's the deck! Tell me what you guys think about the article, and tell what you think I should change in the deck (if anything). I haven't perfected it yet but it will look very much like this. Only testing will tell the perfect combination. Until then, this is Harper7000 signing off. And remember...Plants will rule the world!
Back to top Go down
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 am

Very nice article :) I gave you a +1 for that.
Of course, you're not the only one to add Doppel and Junk but keeping a deck up is something I admire.
The only flaw I did notice in your article is that...it is a huge chunk of words. It was nice reading it but without making it in paragraphs it is quite tiring imho.
Keep writing ;)
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 am

Thanks man :). Yeah and I might arrange it better next time.
Forgot to mention, it actually is even easier than that to summon Shooting Quasar Dragon. Summon Junk, special summo Spore from grave, special summon Doppel from hand, tune Junk and Doppel for Librarian, tune Doppel Token and Spore for Formula, draw 2, remove Lonefire/Dandy to special summon Spore, tune level 4 Spore to Doppel Token for Librarian/Catastor, draw 1, tune all 3 for Quasar. So you use 2 cards to draw 3 and summon Quasar o.o
Back to top Go down
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 am

With 2 cards hand and 2 grave, HOLY...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
Thanks man :). Yeah and I might arrange it better next time.
Forgot to mention, it actually is even easier than that to summon Shooting Quasar Dragon. Summon Junk, special summo Spore from grave, special summon Doppel from hand, tune Junk and Doppel for Librarian, tune Doppel Token and Spore for Formula, draw 2, remove Lonefire/Dandy to special summon Spore, tune level 4 Spore to Doppel Token for Librarian/Catastor, draw 1, tune all 3 for Quasar. So you use 2 cards to draw 3 and summon Quasar o.o

You ve seen the pro guy on utube right? So freakin funny :D

Good article and I believe I am the biggest fan of Junk Synchron! I have my formulas my ultra junks my doppels and i am waiting to pwn with this deck :D
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:23 am

Yeah I thought you'd like this deck red :P. I've always kind of liked Junky too but he just didn't seem to fit quite right into anything super competitive...until now :D. And no I haven't! Can you post a link to the vid you're talking about?
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPIC3VidhTo

The guy is just epic xD
Back to top Go down
Teise
Teise

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:49 pm

well i tryed this deck with lil changes well u need ocg cards without em its not that cool ^^
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:20 pm

DAT LAST SENTENCE
DAT ARTICLE
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Redgar: xD tht guy is hilarious! Thanks for the vid lol I favorited it
teise: well the biggest and best plays you can do with it are ocg sadly but it still runs well without them. Chaos Plants top in ycs stil and this is basically that with more synching powa
terra: lol our plant armies should join forces Terra

I decided to drop 1 Doppel for another Chaos for now. I may drop something else instead. I'm thinking about maiming a Veiler bc 1. Veiler is pro 2. Veiler is even more pro in Plant varients 3. He is light 4. He is a level 1 tuner with less than 500 atk so I can get off my Junk/Debris +Doppel combos easier
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Agree. 2 doppel 1 veiler 1 bulb 1 spore is ok! 3 junk and 2 debris along with the previous set the combo easy :)
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm

But what else to drop for Veiler? I did end up taking out Doppel but I put the 2nd Chaos in his place. Mind Control and One for one would also be nice if I could find room...drop Tuning maybe?
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 am

Yeah drop it. 3 Junk Synchron with 1 tora should work well enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surpass Your Limits   Surpass Your Limits Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Surpass Your Limits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Synchro Duel Academy :: Extra :: Articles and Fan-Fiction :: Articles-
Jump to: