Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Dirg The Dark Monarch I_vote_lcapDirg The Dark Monarch I_voting_barDirg The Dark Monarch I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Dirg The Dark Monarch I_vote_lcapDirg The Dark Monarch I_voting_barDirg The Dark Monarch I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Dirg The Dark Monarch

Go down 
+10
BERKAY
Scorpion67
IversonSt3
overd0se.KayKay
redgar
Stef
vem123
NoobSlayer13
Winduct
Chaos714
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaos714
Chaos714

Dirg The Dark Monarch Empty
PostSubject: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 am

Dirg The Dark Monarch DirgtheDarkMonarchSTBL-JP

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can remove from play up to 2 cards from your opponent's Graveyard. For each card removed, send the top card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. This card cannot attack during the turn it is Normal or Special Summoned.

another monarch it seems :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxidia36
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:09 am

when is he comming out? which pack?

yes another monarch and it looks he looks like caius. the image and name is just a rip off of caius
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
NoobSlayer13
Amateur
Amateur
NoobSlayer13

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:12 am

yea but caius is better (atleast i think it is :P) thought this card is good too but i prefer caius :)
Back to top Go down
http://mdacademy.darkbb.com/index.htm
Chaos714
Chaos714

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 am

Winduct wrote:
when is he comming out? which pack?

starstrike blast
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxidia36
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 am

Pros :
His effect can be activated when he is special summoned.
He removes 2 cards from the opponent's grave.

Cons
You cannot attack if you activate his effect
Mills your opponent's deck.
Because his effect is optional it can miss the timing.

Overall it is a really bad card. I will never use it.
Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:24 am

I agree with vem, it's a really bad card, even if you play monarchs, if you wanna remove cards from your opponent just use D.D. Crow! Much more versatile, can be used in both player turns and its activated from your hand! This instead, it mills your opponents deck, you cannot attack and like vem said, he can lose the timing! Also, if you're gonna lose the Battle Phase, then just put a Soul Exchange instead of this card!
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:32 am

@Chaos Thank you

we all agree caius is way better than this card. also this card may be a clue that they might release more monarchs in the future
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:50 am

@Winduct Well, some support for the good ol' monarchs wouldn't hurt anybody, they're pretty awesome after all :)
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:22 pm

This guy reminds me of Kuraz. Similar effects and the ability to use em when sp summoned sth the rest of the monarchs cant do. I also agree this card doesnt look so bright but in a frogarch mirror match i d like this guy on my side :P
Back to top Go down
overd0se.KayKay
overd0se.KayKay

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:03 pm

I like this card. I have a deck based on Kuraz now I wait for him :D. Lets see in which deck he fits in :D
Back to top Go down
IversonSt3
Administrator
Administrator
IversonSt3

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I agree with redgar! It's good against Frognrch and it really seems like Kuraz! :|

I don't really like this! Kuraz is Pro! :P
Back to top Go down
https://synchroduelacademy.darkbb.com
Scorpion67
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:57 pm

OMG I CANT BELIVE NO ONE REALISED THAT THS MONSTER IS ACTUALY A SPELLCASTER MONARCH !!!! I have been trying out a level eater monarch lately with robin goblin XD t works very well i can rape the oponent hand in 1 turn, and this monarch here fits very well in that deck. 1st because he is spellcaster and econd cuz i run plague and divas in it. You can easily go for an arcanite magician sumoning this monarch and dont get the draw back of not attack this turn. There is so many things to do with this monarch, i can see him sided in all anti meta decks and even mained in some monarch synchro decks.
Back to top Go down
BERKAY
BERKAY

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:37 am

Bad card I've seen. But I couldn't believe when I saw it. Because I did not thought they'll release more Monarches. They also releated a Spellcaster-Type Monarch. :S I won't say anything about his effect. Exatcly bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 am

what I think about

Caius
- burn card
- can remove itself and damage the opp
- but, only applied when you tribute summon

Dirg
- Mill + Remove from play
- the eff occur even your special summon it
- but, cannot attack when after you summon it..

so I choose both
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:27 am

Well you see, this format is all about graveyards. Just take a look at the top decks ( Froggies, Sabers,Infernities ) all this decks needs graveyard. Dirg canot be compare to caius of course -.- Caius is a beater. Dirg is a Stuner, so you need to use him in a stun way to get advantage of his effect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:03 am

Overall all Monarch cards have advantage and disadvantage. and agree with Scorpion now
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 pm

I didn't think much of this at first (I am a mainly offensive player and he seems like a ripoff of caius) but I think you guys are right... It does have potential, particularly in side-decking and monarchs. It makes me wonder if they'll make different versions of the other monarchs too (like ___ the lightning monarch or ___ the flame monarch, ___ the wind monarch, etc.). Oh, and overdose Kay Kay and scorpion, you gave me new ideas for decks :P
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:22 am

No advantage = Bad Monarch. THE END.
Back to top Go down
Panagiotis
Amateur
Amateur
Panagiotis

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2011 12:54 pm

He opens a possibility for a mill monarch deck. With him at 3 and Kuraz at 3, some needle worms, morphing jar and cards to bring them back to get the effects, and of course a lot a stall, they could be a new type of monarch deck that would run no conventional monarch
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2011 7:43 am

Agree with scorp :)
The decks of the format use grave a lot to rescue its monsters and to benefit by using them again and again, if some effect like dimensional fissure, dd crow, the monarch you are talking about or similar cards prevent that, the decks get screwed, especially dragunities xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirg The Dark Monarch   Dirg The Dark Monarch Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dirg The Dark Monarch
Page 1 of 1