Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Top posters
    vem123
    Starstrike Blast discussion I_vote_lcapStarstrike Blast discussion I_voting_barStarstrike Blast discussion I_vote_rcap 
    Winduct
    Starstrike Blast discussion I_vote_lcapStarstrike Blast discussion I_voting_barStarstrike Blast discussion I_vote_rcap 
    redgar
    sinakis
    Terraplant
    IversonSt3
    Stef
    NoobSlayer13
    Chaos714
    Harper7000
    Latest topics
    » Chatbox
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
    Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Starstrike Blast discussion

Go down 
    +3
    aris
    sinakis
    Terraplant
    7 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Terraplant
    Intermediate
    Intermediate
    Terraplant

Starstrike Blast discussion Empty
    PostSubject: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 am

Card list:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Starstrike_Blast

What's your opinion on the set?

Glow-Up Bulb and Tuning got bumped up to Ultra-Ulti (as expected). Scraps get Scrap Searcher (awesome),Scrap Twin Dragon (awesome),and Scrap Soldier (meh). Formula Synchron,Red Nova and Shooting Star seem interesting. So do the new Karakuris.

Last edited by Terraplant on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    sinakis
    Ancient Administrator
    Ancient Administrator
    sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 am

Grow-up Bulb and Tuning are ultra rare as they should :P Their effects are kinda awesome.
    Other than the cards you mentioned (scrap are going to own) there are several cards worth mentioned:

(Large) Heat Wave
    same as Cold Wave, but for the Normal/Special Summon of Effect monsters
    I guess this will be used in stun, gemini,light beatdown and stuff.

Stranger's Compensation
    Send 1 face-up non-Effect monster you control to the Graveyard. Draw 2 cards.
    awesome card for geminis and vanillas. Could also work for non-effect synchros,non-effect rituals, non-effect anything :P

Vanity Space
    Neither player can Special Summon monsters. When a card is sent from the Deck or the field to your Graveyard, destroy this card.
    With RFP decks. It's going to hurt the D.D. Planes and Survivors, but what if you play a non-special summoning deck?...

Skill Absorbing Stone
    Each time the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, place 1 Magic Stone Counter on this card (max. 2). While there are 2 Magic Stone Counters on this card, face-up Effect Monsters on the field cannot activate their effects, and their effects are negated. During the End Phase, remove all Magic Stone Counters on this card.
    Isn't this going to be AWESOME for monarchs, or is it just me?...

Mischief of the Yokai
    Each face-up monster on the field loses 2 Levels, until the End Phase. You can remove from play this card from your Graveyard to select 1 face-up monster and reduce its Level by 1, until the End Phase. This effect cannot be activated the same turn this card is sent to the Graveyard.
    Can realy spoil synchros. I HOPE it will see play. When it's set, your opponent will probably experience a -4 stars when he's gpoing to go all-out to synchro. That means he could trade for Armory Arm or Formula Synchron, or just leave the monsters like that, giving you advantage to go all-out yourself. In the Graveyard, it wilol just take away just a level. But in a scrap deck, a level could mean Scrap Dragon or nothing.

Psi-Blocker
    Once per turn it can turn into a freakin' Prohibition until the end of your opponent's turn. With Psychic Nightmare, you're already knowing what's coming at you, so... ;) Also, by Prohibiting a face-up Stardust Dragon, you can easily destroy it. Same it only has 1200ATK (else, it would be overly awesome of not broken)

Other Cards:

Koa'ki Ring
    Reveal 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" in your hand to select 1 face-up monster on the field. Destroy that monster, and inflict 1000 damage to both players.
    Now Koa'kis can say "Die b1@tch" at will.

Archfiend Empress
    Kinda useless card for the masses. There's a card for fun play :P and a fun card to play.

Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier
    Once per turn, if you control another face-up Ice Barrier, you can Giant Trunade Set cards your opponent controls :P Also has 1700 ATK. Nice one.

Gravity Breakdown
    Send 1 face-up Synchro Monster you control to the Graveyard. Negate the Summon of an opponent's monster, and destroy it. Your opponent cannot Summon any monsters until the End Phase of this turn.
    Not sure if it's worth mentioning this one. It probably won't see play, apart from some special cases.

Cards that are not yet revealed:
    # STBL-EN08? Gravekeeper's Monster Card
    # STBL-EN08? Spellstone Sorcerer Karood
    # STBL-EN08? Droll & Lock Bird
    # STBL-EN08? Skull Meister
    # STBL-EN08? Scrap Mind Reader
    and the OCG-only cards.
    *Waiting to see*

Last edited by sinakis on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    aris
    Experienced
    Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 am

glow up bulb will play really well in lightsworns.this set is very very good
    Back to top Go down
    Marios981
    Marios981

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 am

well,scraps are official broken and will be tier 0 at next packs(my view):(.grow up bulb is broken!!!
    Back to top Go down
    vem123
    zettaisha seigi
    zettaisha seigi
    vem123

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 am

grow-up bulb in quickdraw is pure love <3 Formula Synchron ftw.
    Also looking forward to new scrap cards :D . Scrap Searcher is too pro !
    Back to top Go down
    Marios981
    Marios981

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 am

it is not so good,just good for scrap twin...
    Back to top Go down
    sinakis
    Ancient Administrator
    Ancient Administrator
    sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:27 pm

I just noticed another card.

Crest of the Ice Barrier
    Add 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your Deck to your hand.
    Could Ice Barrier decks start speeding up with this card?
    It is going to be an unlimited RotA/E-call for them.
    All three Generals, Samurai and Pilgrim are Warriors too...so I guess it's Ice-Barrier searching time :P
    Back to top Go down
    Marios981
    Marios981

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:28 pm

ice barriers are very good espisally with crest/dancer.i think that they could be tier 1 in the future
    Back to top Go down
    Terraplant
    Intermediate
    Intermediate
    Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm

I don't think they'll cut it to T1. They don't have enough synergy.
    Back to top Go down
    Shock
    Amateur
    Amateur
    Shock

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 am

Grow-Up Bulb is just broke

Ice barriers will get needed support :3

STUN will be the top deck
    Back to top Go down
    Terraplant
    Intermediate
    Intermediate
    Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:18 am

What does stun get in this booster than will make it the top deck?

Another nice card on this set is Formula Synchro. Can be easily done with Treeborn + Fishborg, Scrap Mind Reader + Scrap Searcher,Kinka Byo + 1 Level 1 Tuner. The "Synchro on your opponent's turn" is qute interesting. You can wait with it + a level 5 until your opponent extends. And then BLACK ROSE GOES BOOM!!!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Shock
    Amateur
    Amateur
    Shock

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:25 am

Large Heat Wave thingy mostly,also KKM ring is so dreamy,I love it

And formula synchron screws the rules...again.BRD in your opponent's turn sounds nice
    Back to top Go down
    Terraplant
    Intermediate
    Intermediate
    Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 am

Shock wrote:
    Large Heat Wave thingy mostly,also KKM ring is so dreamy,I love it

And formula synchron screws the rules...again.BRD in your opponent's turn sounds nice

Geminis are effect monsters in the hand,so I don't think it breaks Stun.

I'd rather run Smashing instead of Ring. I don't like to depent a lot on the Core.
    Back to top Go down
    Shock
    Amateur
    Amateur
    Shock

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:34 am

Well,I usually draw either core or boulder first hand,so it would suit me...I guess,you never know xD
    Back to top Go down
    sinakis
    Ancient Administrator
    Ancient Administrator
    sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Check out Koa'ki Meiru Wall. Rock stun just got epic.
    Back to top Go down
    IversonSt3
    Administrator
    Administrator
    IversonSt3

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:32 am

So.. Now Rock Stun can negate Spell, Trap & Monster effects while the monsters are all beatsticks with 1900 ATK and can be revived & searched. o.O
    Back to top Go down
    https://synchroduelacademy.darkbb.com
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starstrike Blast discussion   Starstrike Blast discussion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Starstrike Blast discussion
    Page 1 of 1