Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Autopilot deck? I_vote_lcapAutopilot deck? I_voting_barAutopilot deck? I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Autopilot deck? I_vote_lcapAutopilot deck? I_voting_barAutopilot deck? I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Autopilot deck?

Go down 
+4
NoobSlayer13
Tyann
e^ipi+1=0
Harper7000
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 am

Hey guys, a friend of mine wants to start yugioh, and she wants a deck to start with. Well, as all of you know, you need to know your style of playing before you spend money on a deck, but we can try out different stuff on kc and see where that goes. She says she likes plants soni thought Debris Plants would be perfect...but then I remembered, Debris Plants takes a good amount of skill to play and learn. So I think it might be better to try something more autopilot first. That's where you guys come in: I can't think of a really autopilot deck, I'm blanking out.

I'm thinking perhaps Junk and Debris In Space, I remember redgar told me that was his first deck, and it's pretty straightforward (normal summon, eff, special summon, synchro, attack). But not much else comes to mind. Any suggestions? There's no wrong answer, I just need brainstorming lol
Back to top Go down
e^ipi+1=0
Amateur
Amateur
e^ipi+1=0

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 am

Lightsworn!!!
Mill, Summon Wulf, wait until you got JD in graveyard/hand, and take it back with monster recovery or something i forget the card name. and attack your opponent with honest.
and most of it's monster is *4 so it goes just well.
Back to top Go down
Tyann
Tyann

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 am

As DarkMatter said.... lightsworn is good.....It can be mixed in all other type deck OC....
But One Monster Syncro strategy like debris, junk syncron, salvo, Blizzard North and the others is really good too....Hmm maybe creating another combo like Card of consonant and Dragunity tuner is a good autopilot deck... :D its fast
Back to top Go down
NoobSlayer13
Amateur
Amateur
NoobSlayer13

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:36 am

six samu deck or gb ;) the most autopilots so far then bw and all other metas.............
Back to top Go down
http://mdacademy.darkbb.com/index.htm
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:09 am

If she's eager and wants to learn asap, go with the "autopilot deck" idea.

Otherwise, I would suggest to make her a Normal Monster deck including cards such as Man-Eater Bug, Honest and some anti-meta cards so she can cope with it.

I was teaching a slow-learner that's why I'm saying this. She is now running a QD monarch deck and playing only against me ;P
The best autopilot deck around is LS imo. You can, however, start playing with cards with smaller effects so she won't get confused.
You can make most deck autopilot - for example, take out vayu from BW and there you have it. Just simplify the deck.

P.s. don't use meta right away, the game's going to lose it's meaning :P
P.s.#2 is she your gf by the way? :3
Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 am

Monarchs :D

Pretty straightforward deck, not really hard to play and extremely fun (IMO).
Back to top Go down
ace94
Intermediate
Intermediate
ace94

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 am

I agree with Sinakis. Start with a simple deck first to get familiar with the rules, then move to sth more complicated like an autopilot deck and then she can make whatever she wants.

My sister started learning with a simple Spellcaster deck and now she is a very competitive duelist (running Fortune Ladies).
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:15 am

Thanks for the help guys, +1 rep for all of you! It's just hard for me to even know what decks are easy bc the hardest deck are the decks I use the most...lol. I think for now I'll try monarchs. I showed her J&D, Lightsworn, and Monarchs and she chose that one. She isn't COMPLETELY new to the game, she knows the basic stuff and staples for the most part. Do you think Formula Monarchs is too complicated? I know it's meta, but...
Sinakis: no, my sister xD. Funny thing though, my actual girlfriend used to like yugioh when she was a kid, she watched the show and even had a few cards. I could never get her interested in it again though haha. At least she didn't think I'm a nerd for playing, which I'm not :P
Back to top Go down
e^ipi+1=0
Amateur
Amateur
e^ipi+1=0

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 am

I don't think formula narch is complicated, since it's not such an "explosive" deck.
especially with formula synchron, a draw 1 card and discard 1 is just create a better control. though, that beeing said it's still...not a an explosive deck..xD

and if there are things to be reminded to the beginner it'd be:
1.tell her about monarch mandatory effect. we don't want to see her removing her own caius just because her opponent doesn't have a card in the field
2.and you can't send fishborg blaster by swap frog. tell her not to do that ;)

@below:
I actually don't implies that all monarch have mandatory effect, though, you're clearing it up for a mistranslation.And even though it's possible to burn your opponent via caius,provided, given the situation above a misplay is a misplay, unless your opponent's has less than 1000 LP.

note: sometimes i write mandatory effect to refer to mandatory trigger.

Last edited by DarkMatter on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Amateur
Amateur
The_Dutch_Prince

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:11 pm

DarkMatter wrote:
and if there are things to be reminded to the beginner it'd be:

1.tell her about monarch mandatory effect. we don't want to see her removing her own caius just because her opponent doesn't have a card in the field
2.and you can't send fishborg blaster by swap frog. tell her not to do that Autopilot deck? 681163

Back your pardon, Monarchs have Trigger effects and not Mandatory effects. If you tribute summon Caius and your opponent doesn't have any cards on the field you can remove your own Caius from play by it's own effect and deal 1000 damage. You even are able to do while your opponent has a card or cards on their side of the field.
Just wanted to clear this out.

As for an "auto-pilot" deck, you could consider advising her to use a XX-saber deck, I know it is expensive in real life, but here at KCVDS you can do it all for free. Although you might also want to let her handle tier 3 or lower decks, mainly because they will get new support or won't change at all so that way she is able to learn the game and her dueling preferences at a steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Autopilot deck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autopilot deck?   Autopilot deck? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Autopilot deck?
Page 1 of 1