Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Ruling Competiton #2 I_vote_lcapRuling Competiton #2 I_voting_barRuling Competiton #2 I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Ruling Competiton #2 I_vote_lcapRuling Competiton #2 I_voting_barRuling Competiton #2 I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Ruling Competiton #2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

Ruling Competiton #2 Empty
PostSubject: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:34 am

The rules for those who do not remember them :

-You will be asked to explain what would happen in a duel scenario or explain why something can/cannot be done.

-The winner will not be the one who answers first but the one who explains it the best way. So you should express what you want to say carefully.

-I will be the one to judge which answers are the best. Any complains for my decision will result in a warning

There is a change in the prices. From now on there will be two questions . You can answer both or only one of them. It's up to you. Prices will be 100$ first place and 50$ every correct answer. There will be no second place.

Prizes will be given out for each question ( So there will be 1st place for Q1 and different 1st place for Q2. The winner can be the same though!

Question 1 :

a) Player A Tribute Summons ''Light and Darkness Dragon" and Player B flips his facedown ''Compulsory Evacuation Device'' and then his face down Bottomless Trap Hole. Explain how the chain resolves.

b) There is a ''Light and Darkness Dragon'' on player's A side of the field and 2 ''Mystic Tomato'' in each player's side of the field and Player A makes both Tomatos die in battle! Explain how the chain resolves.

Question 2 :

a) Player A Special Summons ''Cyber Dragon'' from his hand. Player B uses the effect of Player A's ''Royal Oppression'' to negate that summon. Player A chains ''Mystical Space Typgoon'' to destroy his ''Royal Oppression'' . Explain why Player B will/will not lose 800 Life Points and why Cyber Dragon's Special Summon will/will not be negated

b) Explain why ''Royal Oppression'' can/cannot negate the Special Summon of ''Battle Fader'' and why it can/cannot negate the Special Summon of ''Tragoedia''

PM answers to me! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GianniDelliColli
GianniDelliColli

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:29 pm

My mistake, i can't seem to delete this post so just ignore it, I just forgot to read the fine print

Last edited by GianniDelliColli on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
e^ipi+1=0
Amateur
Amateur
e^ipi+1=0

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Quote :
PM answers to me! Good luck!
how would you expect a competition if you post your result and other member see it.
use a lil more common sense won't hurt :<
Back to top Go down
GianniDelliColli
GianniDelliColli

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:00 pm

D'oh, honest mistake, thanks for pointing it out
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
coolchemist2001

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Heheh, I guess i haven't reached the post limit required to PM. I'll see into me entering round 2 of this competition :)
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 am

You can just post in some Introductions/Posting games to easily reach the post limit ;)
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am

Answers:

Question 1 :

A) "Light and Darkness Dragon" is a quick effect monster so his effect can only activate ONCE per chain . Since his effect is mandatory it will activate and negate the first card that was activated immediately so the chain will be like

Chain Link 1 : "Compulsory Evacuation Device"
Chain Link 2 : "Light and Darkness Dragon"
Chain Link 3 : "Bottomless Trap Hole"
---Chain Resolves Backwards---
Chain Link 3 : "Bottomless Trap Hole" destroys and then removes "Light and Darkness Dragon" from the game
Chain Link 2 : "Light and Darkness Dragon" negates "Compulsory Evacuation Device"
Chain Link 1 : "Compulsory Evacuation Device" tries to activate but its negated

B) This is a more complicated situation. The two "Mystic Tomato" will activate in the same time therefore the will form a SEGOC (Simaltaneous Effects Go On Chain . In a SEGOC the turn's player's effects are being placed first in the Chain so it will be like this.

Chain Link 1 : Player A's "Mystic Tomato"
Chain Link 2 : Player A's "Light and Darkness Dragon"
Chain Link 3 : Player B's "Mystic Tomato"
---Chain Resolves Backwards---
Chain Link 3 : Player B's "Mystic Tomato" resolves succesfully
Chain Link 2 : Player A's "Light and Darkness Dragon" negates Player A's "Mystic Tomato"
Chain Link 1 : Player A's "Mystic Tomato" tries to resolve but is negated.

Question 2 :

A) "Cyber Dragon's" Special Summon does not start a chain so the chain will start with "Royal Oppression"

Chain Link 1 : "Royal Oppression" activates paying 800 Life Points
Chain Link 2 : "Mystical Space Typhoon" activates targetting "Royal Oppression"
---Chain Resolves Backwards----
Chain Link 2 : "Mystical Space Typhoon" destroys "Royal Oppression"
Chain Link 1 : "Royal Oppression's" effect will not activate because it's not face-up on the field. The effect will fizzle (disappear)

Continuous Spell/Trap Cards and Field Spell Cards need to be face-up on the field for their effect to activate when they resolve. Therefore "Royal Oppression" will not negate "Cyber Dragon" . Also a cost is something that is paid before the chain resolves and is something it cannot be refund even if the effect/card is negated/destroyed. So the 800LP will be lost.

B) Continuous Trap Cards like "Royal Oppression" are Spell Speed 2 and cannot be activated in the Damage Step. That's why the summon of "Tragoedia" cannot be negated by "Royal Oppression". But the summon of "Battle Fader" is activated at attack declaration which is the Battle Step . It's completely legal to negate "Battle Fader's" summon with "Royal Oppression" .

Winners:

Question 1 :

Winner (100$) :
-Blaze

Winner's answer :
Spoiler:

Participants who answered correctly
(50$) :
-sinakis
-Vongola-X

Participants who answered incorrectly (10$) :
-Supreme_King
-Scorpion67
-e^ipi+1=0
-Quincy99
-GianniDelliColi
-ineedbettercards

Question 2 :

Winner (100$) :
-redgar

Winner's answer :
Spoiler:

Participants who answered correctly
(50$) :
-Blaze
-Scorpion67
--Vongola-X
-e^ipi+1=0
Participants who answered incorrectly (10$) :
-Supreme_King
-sinakis
-Quincy99
-GianniDelliColi
-ineedbettercards

Sorry for the delay but i have to post the correct answer then check you guys' answers and the re-read the correct to decide which is the best one and it's a difficult job to do. Thanks for your patience, next competition will be up tommorow. I was impressed by the activity. It's good to see the competition gained the interest of many members. I just want to point out some thigs

-You need to answer both sequels (a and b) of X Question. Otherwise your answer will be consdidered incorrect. There were people who only answered A or B part.

-Be careful with your grammar guys . Make your answer look ''official'' . Don't use abbreviations and always send it in English. You may answer the question completely correct and not be the winner because of that. (Seriously on Question 2 many answers were really close to each other and i couldn't decide but i picked redgar beause he used

Congrats to the winners and good luck for the next time everyone ;)
Back to top Go down
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 pm

I don't understand what was wrong with my second answer :/
Anyways,

100 credits cashed to Blaze, Vongola-X
60 credits cashed to sinakis, Scorpion67, e^ipi 1=0
20 credits cashed to Supreme_King, GianniDelliColi, ineedbettercards
Locked~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruling Competiton #2   Ruling Competiton #2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ruling Competiton #2