Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets I_vote_lcapA Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets I_voting_barA Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets I_vote_lcapA Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets I_voting_barA Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets

Go down 
+5
IversonSt3
Terraplant
Scorpion67
Winduct
vem123
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Empty
PostSubject: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:36 am

So guys this will be my first article and will be about my current favorite deck. I hope you will like it and please rate it.

Deck Article :
Machina Gadgets

First of all, Machinas are not a new archetype. In fact some of them existed many years ago, and their main objective was to get out Machina Force.
This deck was nowhere near a competitive deck, but the situation changed a lot with the release of Structure Deck: Machina Mayhem .This structure deck introduced ''Machina Fortress'' , ''Machina Peacekeaper'' and ''Machina Gearframe''. The easy fortress abuse gave the deck a great boost, but not enough to go against the top decks. The machines needed some ''gadgets'' to enpower them and indeed they found them. The compination of them leaded to a very competitive deck which is based on summoning ''Machina Fortress'' and other machine monsters (preferably along with solidarity), while keeping hand advantage with the help of the ''Gadget'' Monsters
Let us take a look in the key monsters of this Deck

Gadgets

Spoiler:

Effect : ''When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 Red/Yellow/Green Gadget to your hand
Green searches for Red. Red searches for Yellow, and Yellow searces for Green.
Usage : What makes them special is that you can have at least one monster in your hand every turn.Every time you summon a Gadget, you get another one in an instance so the -1 hand advantage you get ny summoning a monster becomes - 0 because of the monster you add to your hand. With the effect of these you can easily have fodder for ''Machina Fortress'' every turn. Gadgets are not infected by ''Bottomless Trap Hole'' except if you have solidarity in your field so this is a .
How many to run ? : You should run 2 of each gadgets to avoid dead draws. 3 of each are overkill. Use 3 in Gadget Stun decks only.

Machina Fortress

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets SDMM-EN001

Effect
: You can discard Machine-type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls. When this face-up card you control is targeted by an opponent's Effect Monster's effect, look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from their hand.
Usage : This guy is the key card of the deck.It can be easily Special Summoned by discarding itself and 1 other Machine-type monster.The fact it can discard itself is pretty handy because just with a -1 you can have a 2500ATK beatstick (3300 with one or more Solidarity(ies) on the field.It can also be Special Summoned from the Graveyard in hard situations, preferably by discarding ''Machina Force''.If your opponent wants to destroy it he has to think it two times because if Fortress is destoyed by battle it can destroy a card on the field. An effect which can be very useful if you want to get rid of your opponent's key cards. Also if it is targetted by a monster effect (like monarchs), You can see your opponent's hand and discard one card from it, learning what your opponent will try to do next turn and turn one key card of his useless.
How many to run ? : I suggest running 2 of them, 3 can become dead draws but if you prefer 3 you can run them.

Machina Gearframe
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets MachinaGearframeSDMM-EN-SR-UE
Effect : When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Machina" monster, except "Machina Gearframe", from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a Machine-type monster you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead
Usage : This guy is sure one of the best cards in this deck. A 1800 beatstick and can search for Fortress or even Force sometimes! If boosted with solidarity he can easily beat synchos like Stardust or even your opponent's fortress etc..
His second effect is nice if you want to protect your fortress, but if you ask me i will almost never use it. There are cards like Caius, that can destroy both of your monsters so do not take the risc.
How many to run ? : A key card of the deck. Definetaly use 3.

Machina Force

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets MachinaForceSDMM-EN-C-UE

Effect :
This card cannot be Normal or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Commander Convigton''. This card cannot declare an attack unless you pay 1000 Life Points. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard to select and Special Summon one each of "Machina Soldier", "Machina Sniper", and "Machina Defender" from your Graveyard.
Usage : This card is almost impossible to hit the field and the only use in a machina deck is that you can discard it to Special Summon , ''Machina Fortress'' from your Graveyard so that you will decrease the cost of discarding it from -2 to -1. It can be also searched through Gearframe.
How many to run ? : 1 is ok in that deck. If you want you can run 0 but never run more than one.

Machina Peacekeeper

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets SDMM-EN003

Effect : When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 Union from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase you can equip this card to a machine-Type monster you control as an Equip, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)
Usage : This card is the searcher of the searcher. It is pretty handy to quickly get a gearframe to your hand and unlike with gearframe it is safer to equip it to Fortress because here we care more about peacekeeper's effect which activates even if equipped and not about keeping gearframe on the field.
How many to run ? : An average good card. Run 1 or 2. I sometimes run 1 and sometimes run 2. Most of the times i run 1 but it is your choice

Other monsters that you may run :
1-2 Scrap Recycler
1 Machina Soldier
1-2 Cyber Dragon

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell/Trap Support

Solidarity
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets ANPR-EN054

Effect : If you have only 1 original (printed) Type of monster in your graveyard, face-up monsters you control with the same Type gain 800 ATK.
Usage : This deck runs only machines so this is a perfect card for it.With that our gadgets have at least 2000 ATK and fortress 3300, an attack which can easily beat the most of in-game monsters.One of the key cards of the deck.
How many to use ? : Particularly good card. Run at least 2.

Royal Oppression
A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets CP08-EN013
Effect : Pay 800 Life Points to negate a Special Summon of a monster and/or the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it. Both you and your opponent can use this effect as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
Usage : This is another important card in machinas.The only monster you have that is special summoned is ''Machina Fortress'' . If you get to special summon it and have an oppression ready then you have the uper hand, against the most decks.Even if you have a solidarity and some gadgets, you will be able to control the duel easily
How many to run ? : Two for sure.Oppression is a key card.

Smashing Ground

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets 005

Effect : Destroy the 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that has the highest DEF. (If it's a tie, you get to choose.)
Usage : Another very good card.Smashing Ground will propably destroy one of your opponent's best monster, propably allowing your gadgets to do some damage by direct attacking.You can destroy annoying cards like Rai-Oh with that etc...
How many to run ? : Really nice card. Run 3 in all your gadget decks.

Dimensional Prison

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets 171px-DimensionalPrisonWC08-JP-UR

Effect : Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from Play the attacking monster.
Usage : Gadgets are weak without Solidarity so D-Prison is the best card to protect them.This card can take out almost all of the cards in the game.Use this and Smashing Ground to eliminate your opponent monsters and slightly gain the field advantage.
How many to run ? : Same with smashing. Run 3 of these

Other Spell/Traps to use :
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Bottomless Trap Hole

~~End of the article.~~

Article Creator : Vem123

Sources : http://yugioh.wikia.com , http://www.google.com/images , Self Knowledge.

Please do not post this article in other sites without asking me first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So guys this is the end of my article. I hope it will help you a lot. I tried to make it as more comfortable to read as i could.
]You are free to rate and suggest fixes.
Thanks for reading and ofc give me a +1 rep if you like it.

~~vem123~~

Last edited by vem123 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:43 am

this is very helpful and readable. consider making more?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:24 am

Nope, bored :P
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:58 am

Nice Article Vem ;) but i really dont agree with the 3 Gadgets Overkill thing. You cant have dead draws in this deck drawing a gadget. you need a gadget to discard for Machina
fortress and having 2 in your hand in that situation is good because you need to keep a gadget in hand to keep your hand advantage. 3 Gadgets is pro man :)
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:03 am

In Machina Gadgets ? i playtested it and it was awful -.-
i run 3 of them in every other gadget variant though
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 am

Very nice article but there is one mistake. Gadgets get their effects at all summonsnot only at Normal Summons.
Back to top Go down
IversonSt3
Administrator
Administrator
IversonSt3

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 am

No! Only at Normal Summon and Special Summon. ;)

"When you Normal or Special Summon this card"

Also, 3 Gadget aren't overkill in a Machina Deck. I agree with Scorpion at all! Also, at a simple Gadget Deck 2 are better from 3. (My opinion)

Anyway! Very nC! :D
Back to top Go down
https://synchroduelacademy.darkbb.com
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm

+1 for your article vem. But i just couldnt shut up so i am gonna writte some things :)

Well first of all you said 3 gadgets are overkill in a machina deck. Wrong :). Having a gadget form your search+1 to discard for fortress gives you endless advantage over your opponent.
Also you said we should use 3 of each gadget in a stun deck. Why? YOu needd room for heavy backrow in a stun deck+room for extra monsters(raioh/dcal/vanity etc).

Next using 2 fortress over 3 is just bad. WHy use 2 when you ca use 3? He cannot be a dead draw :S.

Finally i dont think machina soldier is so helpful and fissure+book of moon is a lso very good supportive cards for the deck

But anyways nice article and keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:40 pm

That's how i use my deck x] not how everyone else uses it. It has only lost 3-4 games till now so i do not see wh changing it :P
And about fortress, i say you can run 3 if you want x] .
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:12 pm

The 2 losses are from me xD jk

Yeah sure you re right if it works for you keep it that way.

Btw is it irl as weel or only KC?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:30 pm

well i have to say that the 3 fortress is not really needed. 2 fortress is all you need IMO. many players prefer 3 but it is up to the player preference.
Back to top Go down
Kobayashi
Kobayashi

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Nice Job I Learned Something +1 From me
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:33 pm

you all know i do not play in real life, and if you keep remind me i will start crying :(

and i also i pwned you with that deck , it is in sda channel :P . I took this in 3 tournaments (outside sda) and it is still undefeated in those 3. I already won one, i am in the semi's at the other, and dq'ed at the last one (do not ask how!!!)

those were against a lot of competitive players, like you and aris f.e , not noobs :P so i rarely do changes...
Back to top Go down
svstar34
svstar34

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:03 pm

the number of gadgets or number of fortress' is really up to personal preference or if the person chooses based on the type of deck they are running...

Generally builds with 2 of each gadget are more control based compared to builds with 3 of each gadget tend to be more aggressive.

All in all...a well written article which seems very easy for someone to learn from
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 am

@Vem: You dont play irl? Diddnt know that lol :S.

Anyways keep it that way if you think it suits you i just said my opinion on the deck. If you rly are going so good with it and it suits you keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
NoobSlayer13
Amateur
Amateur
NoobSlayer13

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am

wow very good article congrats :)
Back to top Go down
http://mdacademy.darkbb.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets   A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets
Page 1 of 1