Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Top posters
    vem123
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression I_vote_lcapSacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression I_voting_barSacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression I_vote_rcap 
    Winduct
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression I_vote_lcapSacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression I_voting_barSacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression I_vote_rcap 
    redgar
    sinakis
    Terraplant
    IversonSt3
    Stef
    NoobSlayer13
    Chaos714
    Harper7000
    Latest topics
    » Chatbox
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
    Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    sinakis
    Ancient Administrator
    Ancient Administrator
    sinakis

Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Empty
    PostSubject: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression   Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:12 pm

When you special summon the Phoenix and your opponent pays 800 to /kill it with Oppression, it is destroyed, so, does it Special Summon itself again next turn?

Spoiler:
    Back to top Go down
    redgar
    Administrator
    Administrator
    redgar

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression   Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:11 am

Considering that royal oppressions effect is to negate and destroy the special summoned monster that means it is sent back to the grave. This also means that you are able to special summon Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys, because it is being negated and destroied by a card effect. Although considering it is also being negated, you can not use it's secondary effect of destroying traps and spells. Any card that says negate the summon or special summon of a monster means that the monster "never reaches the field" so therefore can not harm what it can not touch. I think xD
    Back to top Go down
    sinakis
    Ancient Administrator
    Ancient Administrator
    sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression   Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:31 am

Second question solved, thanks Redgar :3

I'm still baffled though. If the Phoenix special summons itself from the graveyard and is then negated and destroyed by Oppression, it actually never left the graveyard. Still can it be special summoned again next turn?
    Back to top Go down
    Stef
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Stef

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression   Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:49 am

To your first question:

If Phoenix is negated and destroyed when special summoned or normal summoned from your hand/deck/RFP then his effect will activate and he will be special summoned in your next Standby Phase.

Now this has to do with your second question too.

However, if Phoenix is negated in the grave, it is NOT destroyed since it was never special summoned, and therefore it never left the grave. And for this reason, if Phoenix is negated when special summoning himself from the grave then he won't come back.

If he is special summoned on the field and THEN he's destroyed (Torrential Tribute for example), then he will be special summoned in your next standby phase.

Also note that you cannot negate special summons through card effects with Solemn Judgment or Horn of Heaven, therefore when Phoenix is summoned through his own effect from the grave he can't be negated by a Solemn Judgment or a Horn of Heaven.

Locking this upon confirmation that you understood.
    Back to top Go down
    sinakis
    Ancient Administrator
    Ancient Administrator
    sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression   Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:04 am

I got it now. Thanks!

Spoiler:
    Solved & Locked!~
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression   Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys VS Royal Oppression
    Page 1 of 1