Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant I_vote_lcapWeekly Article #1 : Power Giant I_voting_barWeekly Article #1 : Power Giant I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant I_vote_lcapWeekly Article #1 : Power Giant I_voting_barWeekly Article #1 : Power Giant I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant

Go down 
+2
Stef
redgar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Ok everyone here is the first official article of SDA's Article Team!
I really hope you like it and help you understand how good this card can be!

CARD ARTICLE: POWER GIANT

Power giant is a level 6 rock type earth monster with 2200 attack points and 0 defense points. He was released it the latest set: Starstrike Blast. Power giant was used by Jack Atlas in the anime Yugioh 5D’s featuring Jack’s strength.
Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant LEJIx

But as we all know anime has nothing to do with real life/KCVDS dueling. Let’s see how he can be beneficial in real life dueling:
Power Giant’s 2200 ATK is something worth noticing. Power Giant is strong enough to take down the most popular monsters around (Raioh,Doomcaliber Knight, Bogart Knight,Laquari), and even has enough ATK to defeat Cyber Dragon. Pitching a monster from your hand to add Power Giant to your field will make it tough for your opponent to overcome it.
Power Giant starts out as a Level 6 monster, but can change its Level, depending on which monster you send to the Graveyard to Special Summon it. This power can come in handy when you’re shooting to make a specific Synchro Monster. By pitching the right monster, you can make Power Giant a monster of any Level between 2 and 5. This adds a ton of flexibility to your Synchro Summons.
His effect of pitching a monster to the graveyard can benefit you in many ways:

Level Eater, Volcanic Shell, Spore, and Glow-Up Bulb are all Level 1 monsters with effects that activate in the Graveyard. Sending Level Eater to the Graveyard to Special Summon Power Giant will allow you to immediately Special Summon Level Eater back to the field by deducting a Level from Power Giant. Sending Spore or Glow-Up Bulb to the Graveyard to Special Summon Power Giant will set you up with a Tuner to revive and use with your Power Giant. Some higher-Level monsters, like the Level 2 Plaguespreader Zombie and Level 3 Dandylion, also have effects that activate in the Graveyard. Plaguespreader Zombie gives you a Level 2 Tuner to use whenever you need it, and Dandylion lets you Special Summon 2 Fluff Tokens to the field when you pitch it to Special Summon Power Giant. Since sending Plaguespreader Zombie or Dandylion to the Graveyard to Special Summon Power Giant will decrease its Level by 2 and 3 respectively, they can be the perfect monsters to pitch when you want to Synchro Summon a lower-Level monster.(AOJ Catator,Magical Android,Brionac,Goyo Guradian etc)

He is best used in a (Volcanic) Quickdraw Deck (especially if you use Junk Synchron) or a Scrap Deck with Scrap Mind Reader. It’s hard to strike out with a huge Special Summon that also loads your Graveyard.

But don’t forget power giant is also a rock-type monster meaning you can also use it in a Rock Stun Deck to beat down your opponent. While you have Koa’ki Meiru Sandman, Koa’ki Meiru Wall, or Koa’ki Meiru Guardian on the field, you can reveal Power Giant from your hand in the End Phase to prevent your Koa’ki Meiru from being destroyed. While you have extra monsters in your hand, you can Special Summon Power Giant instead, by sending one of them to the Graveyard.

He can also be useful in Absolute Zero decks because he can fill the grave easier and give access to Elemental Hero Gaia. Zombies can use him to ditch Plaguespreader and Mezuki, Frogs can send treborn and roanitoadin to the grave faster and some Yusei fun decks can make really nice plays with him as well. Finally he can be easy tribute fodder for Monarch and other tribute-based decks and combos very well with level eater for this since you have 2 tributes ready for your “boss” monster(s).

Last but not least comes his secondary effect. Power Giant’s on-field effect can save you in a pinch. Since Power Giant reduces all effect damage to 0 while it’s attacking or being attacked, you can use it to safely attack into monsters like Reflect Bounder or Trap Cards like Magic Cylinder and of course gaining an easy win against burn decks.

As I like to say he is pretty much a giant rock robot that rocks!

Last edited by redgar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stef
Administrator
Administrator
Stef

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Good job, it would be a good idea to put the image of the whole card in the article to give the readers information about his effect and stats (ATK/DEF/Attribute/Type/etc).

300 Credits Cashed.
Back to top Go down
sinakis
Ancient Administrator
Ancient Administrator
sinakis

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:11 am

Good job on the article, though
at this particullar moment (at least) I find no real reason why a duelist should include this card in his deck. No offence though, I'm just stating that getting a -1 in-hand doesn't guarantee you'll survive long in this format.
BW and LIGHT beat have power-ups, plants have synchros and camelia, sabers have synchros and the troll etc. that would beat this guy to a pulp.

Infernity players can think about this card as they want to quickly dump monsters to the graveyard and they don't have >4lvl monsters. But then....what about tricky?
Spoiler:
I find many alternatives to it's use.

Tip: you can include pros and cons of the card in the article, also comparing the cards you mention to others!
Good job, I'm eager for your next ;)
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 am

A really good article for a start. As the others said,you could add pros and cons and compare it to similar cards.
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am

Really nice article and helpful. I may try another crazy quickdraw variant with that dudie on 2
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:56 am

I didn't know he could be that useful and I'm glad I have him. I agree with Stef, you should put the whole card. You also didn't mention the effect. I know most of us know its effect and still we can google it but it would be more helpful for those who ain't familiar with it. Helpful indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Thank you guys for rading and for advicing.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant   Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Weekly Article #1 : Power Giant
Page 1 of 1