Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
Infernity Mirage of Kings I_vote_lcapInfernity Mirage of Kings I_voting_barInfernity Mirage of Kings I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
Infernity Mirage of Kings I_vote_lcapInfernity Mirage of Kings I_voting_barInfernity Mirage of Kings I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

Infernity Mirage of Kings

Go down 
+2
VforVengeance
Phantom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantom
Phantom

Infernity Mirage of Kings Empty
PostSubject: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:10 am

Monsters(20):
Infernity Archfiend x 2
Infernity Avenger x 2
Infernity Necromancer x 1
Infernity Mirage x 2
Infernity Beetle x 3
Mystic Tomato x 3
Dark Crusader x 1
Dark Grepher x 2
Stygian Street Patrol x 2
Armageddon Knight x 1
Plaguespreader Zombie x 1

Spells(11):
Zero-Max x 1
Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Monster Reborn x 1
Giant Trunade x 1
Reinforcement of the Army x 1
Book of Moon x 1
Foolish Burial x 1
One for One x 1
Swords of Revealing Light x 1
Allure of Darkness x 1

Traps(9):
Infernity Barrier x 1
Infernity Break x 1
Infernity Force x 1
Dimensional Prison x 1
Call of the Haunted x 1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x 2
Bottomless Trap Hole x 1
Mirror Force x 1

Synchro Monsters(9):
Infernity Doom Dragon x 1
Dark End Dragon x 1
Hundred-Eyes Dragon x 1
Stardust Dragon x 1
Flamvell Urquizas x 1
Stygian Sergeants x 1
Ally of Justice Catastor x 1
Mist Wurm x 1
Lightning Warrior x 1

---
Comment if you wish.
The deck may need more work, but Infernities are an archtype that need more thought upon when dueling against someone.
Back to top Go down
VforVengeance
VforVengeance

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 pm

No love for Infernity Launcher? Even if it's limited, bringing back 2 Infernities is a good effect IMO, and it's an extra discard card.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Infernity Launcher is something that I cannot use.
Even if I were to use such a card, for me, it is banned from my deck.
I would rather use different methods with Infernity decks, than use one method that many have already used in the past.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Erm, needs a bit of work. Way too many monsters and random ones at that. Only two archfiend? One necormancer?one barrier? NO LAUNCHER?!?! What is your win codition exactly? The power of Infernity comes from dumping stuff to the grave and reviving it...honestly there's not really any other way to play them succesfully. Try this:
Infernity (40)
       Monsters: (15)
Infernity Archfiend x3
Infernity Necromancer x3
Infernity Mirage x3
Infernity Avenger x2
Dark Grepher
Armageddon Knight
Stygian Street Patrol x2
       Spells: (10)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Book Of Moon
Giant Trunade
Infernity Launcher
Reinforcment Of The Army
One For One
Foolish Burial
Pot Of Duality
       Traps: (14)
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning x2
Infernity Barrier x3
Infernity Inferno x3
Infernity Break
Call Of The Haunted
Trap Stun
       Extra: (15)
Trishula Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Mist Wurm
Stardust Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Hundred-Eyes Dragon x2
Infernity Doom Dragon
Dark End Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Magical Android
Stygian Sergeants
Armory Arm x2

also consider plague or another pot.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 pm

That's the kind of thing I don't like.
The infernity build you created is like every other infernity build I have seen.
That deck build does not suit me, for it is not what I see fit for myself.
The deck I have made is something I see more than what you see.
A deck is like your soul, it should fit your personality to who you are and no one else.
I appreciate the help you're trying to give, but an infernity deck I have seen one-too-many times already, gets bothersome, and tiring at best.
Back to top Go down
e^ipi+1=0
Amateur
Amateur
e^ipi+1=0

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:30 pm

lol, You need to diferentiate a good support with a good card.
Infernity without launcher is like Gladiator Beast Without Gyzarus, or Lightsworn without JD.you'll never find any other deck that can use launcher beside infernity. however there's probably still some random deck that can use your stygian street patrol and such.
they might works, but it'll most definitely reduce the power of your deck.
if you want a creativity it'd be like using pot of avarice, or formula synchron.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 am

I will honestly say you're trying to help.
But, the way you said those things, it feels like you've never once used an Infernity deck.
Saying Infernity decks are less in power from the loss of Infernity Gun.
That, is incorrect.
I have or am probably, the only one who can use this deck.
I appreciate the advice, but when you have not once used an Infernity deck yourself, you have no right to say my deck has no power in it.

I will apologize if this has taken offense to those who are trying to help.
Back to top Go down
VforVengeance
VforVengeance

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:26 am

I'm not going to suggest any changes to the deck, because you seem to be attached to your build and somewhat stubborn about changing it, however:

- I do agree with Harper7000 about maxing out some of the copies of your cards. Running more copies means having more chance of drawing the card you need. You've got about 39% chance of drawing a card you run 3 of in your opening hand, 28% to open with a card you run 2 of and only 15% to open with an exact card or 2 duels out of 5, 1 out of 4 duels and 1 out of 7 duels respectively.
The game might be about strategy, but mathematics also play an important role, especially while building your deck. Running only 1 copy of many cards (e.g. your Infernity Necromancer and Infernity trap cards) makes the duel more about luck than actual skills.

- If you're willing to take advice, think about the utility of every card in your deck and how it supports your monsters. There are some cards in your deck that I personnally would not use, because they add little to no value to the deck.

- Also, try maxing out your Extra Deck, more synchros means more options and more situations that can be dealt with.

Whether you take my advise or not is entirely up to you. I'm not going to post entire lists of changes because of the reasons I mentioned before.

Good luck with the deck!
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 am

I support originality,but being original just to be original is a bad thing in my opinion. Not using cards that have become staples through countless duels by countless people (I am not talking about netdecking,if something works good for you,use it or if it's bad for you don't use it) just because others have used them is like unlocking a door with a potato because everyone uses keys.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:00 am

I'm only trying to be somewhat original.
I tried looking for cards that work best for my Infernity deck.
Excluding Infernity Gun.
Infernity Gun would just make me feel like I've done nothing to have my deck accept me for who I am.
If I have to use a different thought on how to beat my opponent, then that's just what I'll do. I've already beaten an Ancient Gear deck with this, and had only 500 life points left with it.
Therefore, It is not a bad deck for me.
I applaud those trying to help me with trying to fix some things in my deck, and those who are just stating some facts.

I have gone up against Six Samurais, but those things are already broken, as I had already seen how it ended before it began.
Either way, this deck is 50/50% for me.
Anyway, I appreciate the effort.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King
Intermediate
Intermediate
Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:24 am

A maxed Extra deck is never a bad idea. Also, Infernities, as it was already mentioned, are simply not competitive enough unless played in the classic dump-revive-synchro-win strategy. Unless you appreciate constructive criticism, I believe no one here can help you.
Phantom wrote:
I have or am probably, the only one who can use this deck.I appreciate the advice, but when you have not once used an Infernity deck yourself, you have no right to say my deck has no power in it.
That's an arrogant personality, and also you have no right to criticize us, the ones trying to help. A lot of us have already tried Infernities, and no one has succeeded to make it competitive unless it was the classic way. If they could be used differently, don't you think they would have came back in real life as well?
Phantom wrote:
If I have to use a different thought on how to beat my opponent, then that's just what I'll do. I've already beaten an Ancient Gear deck with this, and had only 500 life points left with it.
I'm sorry, but every duelist that knows what duels are all about will know that life points don't matter. It's all about how close was the duel. I can get myself to 500 life points easily(3 Warnings+1 Judgment then a desperate attack over my monster with 500 damage to spare from my opponent) and yet still win the duel easily.
Sorry if I offended you, but these are my two cents over the situation. And I couldn't have said it better than Terraplant:
Terraplant wrote:
Not using cards that have become staples through countless duels by countless people just because others have used them is like unlocking a door with a potato because everyone uses keys.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 am

Phantom wrote:

Saying Infernity decks are less in power from the loss of Infernity Gun.
That, is incorrect.
I appreciate the advice, but when you have not once used an Infernity deck yourself, you have no right to say my deck has no power in it.

*sigh*. Look Phantom, I don't want to sound like a jerk, I really don't. But that first statement is totally wrong. Are you being serious? Last format, Infernities were almost UNSTOPPABLE. The only reason it didn't win every single time is because 1. As in every deck, it's possible to draw bad, 2. Sabers had Rescue Cat, 3. It's easy to misplay with Infernity. As you said, it takes skill to learn. But despite these small things Infernities topped EVERYTHING. Why? Because they had 3 Launchers. Do you even know about the Archfiend/Launcher loop? If you do, are you really telling me that having a random Brionac is better than having 3 Trishulas on the field while the opponent has barely anything on the field or in hand? Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your unique techs honestly add nothing to the deck. Again I ask, what's your win condition supposed to be if not synchro spam? I appreciate uniqueness but to quote Terra, being unique for it's own sake is like opening locks with a potato because everyone uses keys. Are you going to stop running Reborn because (literally) everyone uses it? If you don't really care about winning I guess that's fine but I see no reason to purposefully use worse cards

Ps: I'm kind of curious, why even post your deck if you refuse to accept improvements? It's clearly not the best way to run it (no offense) so it's not like anyone wanting to ru Infernities will be helped by this, and you're kind of wasting people's time that are trying to make it better
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 am

I suppose you three are right.
I'm not wanting to change cards in the deck because most of you are telling me what's better to go in it.
I'm stubborn like that, very stubborn.
I only wanted to see what you people would say about the deck.
And all of you kept saying the same thing: "Add Infernity Gun, add 3 times the copies of each card, add more synchros".
Just because a card is for that type of deck, doesn't mean it should be added.
You all are right to criticize my deck, but at least give thought as to why it doesn't have Infernity Gun, or 3 times the copies of every other monster, and why it doesn't have more synchros in it.

Infernity gun may be good when you have full Infernities in your graveyard, but because of it being reduced to 1, the chances of getting it are down to 9 - 12% at best.
3 Copies of each monster would also be a bad thing, since this deck consists of having "NO HAND", and if your hand is full of monsters, what then?
And having more synchros may not be a bad thing, but, the play style I play through is to allow only one synchro at a time when possible.

The deck is entirely based upon one thing: "Allowing both players show their luck in duels".

I am sorry if the entire post may sound arrogant, and I know that you are all trying to help, but the deck is made to keep my hand at 0 and to summon and set as many cards as possible.
I'll consider adding Gun into the side deck, and think about adding more synchros.
But, I will not be using 3 times the amount of monsters.

I appreciate the feedback, and if this offends people more, an admin should close this thread before it becomes a flame war.
Back to top Go down
VforVengeance
VforVengeance

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:33 am

Phantom wrote:
And all of you kept saying the same thing: "Add Infernity Gun, add 3 times the copies of each card, add more synchros".
Just because a card is for that type of deck, doesn't mean it should be added.
You
all are right to criticize my deck, but at least give thought as to why
it doesn't have Infernity Gun, or 3 times the copies of every other
monster, and why it doesn't have more synchros in it.

The reason why we keep saying it is because:

1 - Infernity Launcher is what made the archetype great in the first play. Even if the percentage of drawing it has decreased, it doesn't affect the utility of the card itself and it can still be drawn.

2 - Including more copies of a certain card increases your chances of drawing it and executing your strategies.

Phantom wrote:
Infernity gun may be good when you have full
Infernities in your graveyard, but because of it being reduced to 1, the
chances of getting it are down to 9 - 12% at best.
3 Copies of each
monster would also be a bad thing, since this deck consists of having
"NO HAND", and if your hand is full of monsters, what then?
And
having more synchros may not be a bad thing, but, the play style I play
through is to allow only one synchro at a time when possible.

This may sound ruder than I want it to sound, but did you even read what we've been posting all this time?
Infernities are about having no cards in your hand, I agree. That's why the monster count in these kinda decks is usually around 15 and their support is about dumping them.

Phantom wrote:

The deck is entirely based upon one thing: "Allowing both players show their luck in duels".

Luck is part of the game, you won't hear me denying that, but bad luck can be reduced by applying the advice we've been giving you. Also what's the point of dueling if you're only relying on luck? Might as well go play Black Jack then.

Quote :

If I have to use a different thought on how to beat
my opponent, then that's just what I'll do. I've already beaten an
Ancient Gear deck with this, and had only 500 life points left with it.

Sorry, as those before me have already said, this doesn't mean anything.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 am

I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm trying to help :). You don't have to listen if you don't want to, but there's one thing I would like you to understand though: I'm not suggesting the deck I did because Belido or other "famous" duelists used a similar build at a YCS. I suggested it because it is logical, and it makes sense. And when I say that I hope you don't take offense either. That build is found to be the most consistant after much testing. I will now explain why. You can listen or not, but I hope it helps either way.
Of course you want your hand at zero...but when you have 20 monsters in your deck, your hand will rarely be zero. Look at my build again. I have most Infernities maxed out, but I only use 15 monsters. Because of that, you have a high chance of being instantly handless by summoning/setting the only monster in your hand and setting all your spell/traps. Remember you can set as many spell/traps as you want as long as you have room. Even more than that, the build uses 3 Infernity Inferno, which allows you to instantly dump the monsters in your hand and send even more from your deck to the grave, allowing you to immediately use your revival strategy. As for rarely drawing Launcher, you're correct. It involves luck to draw it, and limiting it hurt the strategy. But with Archfiend, you don't need luck. Remember his effect: when he's special summoned you can add a card with "Infernity" in it's name from your deck to your hand. So as long as you can special summon him (by his effect, by Necromancer's effect, by Mirage's effect, by Reborn, by Call, by Street Patrol) you can add Launcher to your hand. And you know what? You'll probably synch with that Archfiend you special summoned. Then where does he go? The grave. Use the Launcer in your hand, bring him and Necromancer back, and get his effect again to grab a Barrier or something. Use Necromancer's effect after you set the Barrier to bring back Avenger and synch yet again. Is it beginning to make sense? You have a bazillion traps to stop the opponent's every move whether it be Barrier and Judgement to stop spells and traps or MF, Warning, Torrential, etc to stop monsters. They'll give you enough time to set up your combo and kill the opponent.
Back to top Go down
VforVengeance
VforVengeance

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 am

@Harper7000 Amen to that, that's what Infernities are all about.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Phantom

PostSubject: If choosing any deck...   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 am

Spoiler:

If there is no pleasing most people, I'll just give this deck of yours a try.
Only for when I wish to use it.
I'll try to see how it compares to my regular deck, and if this one actually is somehow better than my regular deck, then I'll use this when someone has gotten on my last nerves.
Anyway, I guess I'll thank those who have tried to help me with my deck.
I know my deck is not what you people had thought it would be, but that is my deck you saw when you first posted here.
So, I'm sorry if Infernity Launcher is not in there, or not a lot more copies and synchro monsters are in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infernity Mirage of Kings   Infernity Mirage of Kings Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Infernity Mirage of Kings
Page 1 of 1