Synchro Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Top posters
vem123
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath I_vote_lcapThe DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath I_voting_barThe DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath I_vote_rcap 
Winduct
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath I_vote_lcapThe DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath I_voting_barThe DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath I_vote_rcap 
redgar
sinakis
Terraplant
IversonSt3
Stef
NoobSlayer13
Chaos714
Harper7000
Latest topics
» Chatbox
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

» Harp
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by IDK Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 pm

» AGAIN HELLO!
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by Blazenjaden5 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

» Archlord Kristya(Sychron's worst nightmare)
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

» HELLO
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by CrimsonClimax Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

» Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by Chaos714 Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

» Card of the Week #49
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by xemnas night Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 am

» PM.
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1by sinakis Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Affiliates

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath

Go down 
+12
Yuri Bakura
Richlik123
Shock
vem123
Terraplant
DanceJonDance
Vongola-x
Chaos714
NoobSlayer13
redgar
Winduct
Harper7000
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 am

Well, I wasn't going to at first, but i decided to try my hand at fanfiction after all. I may not have time to update as frequently as I would like, so please do not nag me about it. Although I'm technically the main character, will try to include as many people as i can in the story, but keep in mind that DGA didn't start in DGA, and our partership is even further along so it may be a while for most people here. Hope you guys like it!!!!

Hey, my name is Harper7000, but call
me Harper. My life has been... Nuts, to say the least. I'm not even sure where to begin. Well... I guess the beginning is a good a place as any to start.

The year is 2510. Over the last 500 years, much has changed. In 2460, there was an excavation of Seto Kaiba's original mansion in New Domino City, and while doing so they discovered Kaiba's original virtual video game technology, the one that the Big 5 tried to trap him in. But after a few years of enjoying the video game, people theorized that if their entire minds could be uploaded to a video game, what's to stop them from uploading it to some sort of virtual universe where they could live forever? As a result of this idea, most people of the world now spend most of their lives in the vast virtual world known as Pseudospace, instead of the real world. Here, anyone can do basically anything he or she ever wanted (for a small monthly fee paid to Kaiba Corporation of course). Kaiba Corporation (KC) was of course te richest company in both worlds, and Seto Kaiba II (the descendant of the original Seto) was considered by most to be President of Pseudospace. No one cared who ruled the real world. People only stay in the real world long enough to eat, sleep, and other such things. Also, for some reason, people in Pseudospace insist on being called by odd-sounding nicknames instead of their real names :P. 
But a shift to the true "digital age" could not stop the shadow games... The game dubbed "Duel Monsters" by Maximillion Pegasus was still popular in Pseudospace, and still played an important part in significant events, if not more so than before. Seto encouraged dueling to solve problems instead of actual wars. But, since there are no actual countries anymore, and a universal language is used in Pseudospace, wars were almost non-existent. Instead, Dueling Schools have became more and more popular, and there are many, many of them. But the ones who truly dominated the dueling world are Turbo Duel Academy (TDA), Dark Armed Dragon (DAD), Advanced Duel Academy (ADA), and the academy founded and still run by Pegasus's descendants, Toon World Academy (TWA). These academies constantly battled each other in friendly (or unfriendly) wars to see which of them is the greatest. Nations were at peace, and people did things they had only dreaamed of before Pseudospace.

However... Not all was well in the universe. Back in the real world in Los Angeles California, a world away from everyone else, two cloaked men stood talking on top of a deserted building. They wore black hoods and capes that obscured their faces and form.

Cloaked man 1: "why do we have to meet here anyway? It's a dump, no one even likes the real world anymore!"
Cloaked man 2: "that's exactly the point, no one will overhear us."
CM 1: "true, but it doesn't mean I have to like it..."

They stand silently for a while, cloaks flapping in the cold wind. Soon, other cloaked men joined them, and they all went inside the building. Inside, there was a vast room containing 20 or so Pseudopods, the sleeping pods where a person's mind was uploaded into Pseudospace. A man awaited them there. He wore the same cloak as the others, but his hood was thrown back. However, a black mask with red markings obscured his entire face. One of the cloaked
men who had entered addressed him.

CM 1: "so, when will we finally be able to take the revenge that you promised us on our enemies?"
Masked man: (smiling) "in a way, now. Haha, I have found a way to make our opponent's lives a living hell and they will have no idea how to stop it. However... We must wait for now on killing them. It is said that there will come a duelist who has the power over light AND darkness, the master of all decks, the one who is prophesied to be the greatest duelist of them all. For my plan to reach it's peak, I need him first."
CM 2: "ha! I don't even think he exists! He's just a legend."
MM: "oh, he exists all right, but even HE does not realize who he truly is yet. The day he is at his full potential will be THE LAST day for our enemies... But enough of that, we have to proceed with our plan, there are ways to torture our enemies until that day. Turn on that Psedopod."

The pod he had indicated had been hooked up to some sort of machine with a metal ring wide enough for 2 people to walk through

MM: "this, my friends, is a gate to a different dimension. If all goes well, it will open a portal to the spirit world."
CM 3: "oh yeah? what if all DOESN'T go well?"

The masked man turned to face him menacingly
MM: "that's a risk we'll have to take... Turn it on."

Next time: Chapter 1: "A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!" 

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:03 am

where do you come up with these stuff? you have a good imagination, i like the story and the plot so far, its diffrent than the other stories :idea:
Though i spotted a mistake. How can it be the year 2100 and the descendant of Kaiba is Kaiba the second?
im looking forward to the next chapter. we should totally do the chapter awards
(by the way, did you check out mine?)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Winduct
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:31 am

Yeah i agree with Winduct it was very creative and original! i look forward to the next chapter(s)!
Back to top Go down
NoobSlayer13
Amateur
Amateur
NoobSlayer13

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 am

indeed i first read it in DGA and its cool :) cant wait for next oh and congrats
Back to top Go down
http://mdacademy.darkbb.com/index.htm
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks guys! :). I should have the next chapter up before Friday, but after that I'll be gone for a week :(.
@winduct: well, first of all it's 2510, not 2100 :D. and the kaiba thing is like this: the original Seto kaiba from the show is seto kaiba 1. He has a son, which i didn't name yet, but let's say for example his name is Joseph Kaiba. He can gave a long line of descendants with different names like that. Then in 2510, one of them is name Seto kaiba, and since no one else since the original was named seto, he is seto kaiba II. Does that make sense now?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Here's the next chapter: (yes it starts somehere different from the introduction)

Harper glanced back and forth several times between the cards in his hand and the cards on the field. His opponent had a stardust dragon on the field, and he conrolled only a gateway of the six samurai with 2 counters on it and a facedown call of the haunted.
(Lp. Harper:1000, Opponent:6000)

Harper: (thinking) "ugh, if only it wasn't stardust, then i could use lightning vortex and..."

Suddenly he smiled, and a plan began to form in his mind.

Harper: "I activate lightning vortex, and by discarding great shogun shien, I can destroy your stardust dragon!"
Opponent: "ha! You fool, I tribute stardust dragon to negate your pathetic spell card!"
Harper: (smiles). Now I activate call of the haunted, bringing back my six samurai - zanji! Next, I special summon grandmaster of the six samurai with his effect!"
Opponent: "still not enough."
Harper: "I'm not done, since i summoned 2 six samurai, that's 4 more counters for my gateway, which means I can remove them all to summon forth a "shien" effect monster from my grave! And I choose, Great Shogun Shien!!! Now! (flourishes hand dramatically) My monsters, attack!

(Lp. Harper:1000, Opponent:0)

Opponent: "aaagh!!!!! Gr, I'll get you next time Harper..."

Harper nodded and smiled as the people watching around cheered... But when the other duelists left, he gave a big sigh. His opponent hadn't really been that good... He had only summoned stardust dragon because he was lucky and because Harper had been going easy on him. Just another noob, and he was the 5th one he'd dueled today.
They were dueling in the KC hub, a place where duelists could congregate in the virtual world of Pseudospace and duel each other. It was a great idea in theory, dueling people that would normally be on the other side of the world from you, but Harper had yet to find a decent duelist in the entire hub, and he'd dutifully visited every day for the past month and a half. 
A guy who appeared to be in his late teens approached him. He seemed a few years older than Harper, perhaps 18 or 19. He wore a white button-up shirt and black pants, had a black backpack on and had spiky brown hair.

Teenager: "hey dude, do you want to duel? I'm trying out this new deck..."
Harper: (sighs, and then looks at the clock) "ah... sure, why not?"

It was getting late, and he had to be in the real world pretty soon, but a quick duel couldn't hurt.

Teenager: "thanks, the name's LNoir"
Harper: (shakes hand) "my name is Harper, nice to meet you."

LNoir pulled off his backpack, unzipped it, and rummaged furiously through it. Several deck boxes tumbled out as he searched, and he picked one up and replaced the others.

LNoir: "ah, here it is, now let's do this! (he places the deck in and activates duel disk)
Harper: (activates duel disk)
Both: "duel!"

(Lp: Harper:8000, LNoir:8000)

LNoir: "I'll go first if you don't mind. I draw! Hm, interesting hand. Well, i'll activate gold sarchophagus, and remove heavy storm from play, but i get it back after 2 of my standbye phases. Next I'll set one monster face down and one card face down and end my turn."
Harper: "that's all? (looks at hand). This is how to start off a duel! I summon the six samurai - yaichi. Next, I special summon grandmaster of the six samurai with his effect, and..."
Lnoir: "not so fast, I activate bottomless trap hole"
Harper: "heh, fine, I special summon a second grandmaster from my hand then! Next, I special summon great shogun shien with his effect! Now... Attack, grandmaster! (sangan explodes)
LNoir: "I activate sangan's effect, and add dandylion to my hand"
Harper: "whatever, I attack with shien and yaichi! Next I'll set a facedown and end my turn"

(Lp. Harper: 8000, LNoir:4200)

LNoir: (still calm) "that's the first standbye phase. I set one card face-down in my field spell card zone"
Harper: "why face-down?"
LNoir: "you'll see, next I activate lightning vortex, and discard dandylion to destroy all of your monsters! Also, because of dandylion's effect, I special summon 2 fluff tokens."
Harper: "wha-NO! Arg, i add grandmaster back to my hand with his effect. You're lucky..."
LNoir: "not really, and that's not all I'm afraid, I tribute my tokens to summon earthbound immortal ascilla piscu!"
Harper: "whoa... That thing is huge! And it can attack me directly even if I had monsters!"
LNoir: "correct, but that's still not the end. I set a field spell face-down, which destroys my old field spell. The old one was geartown, and when it's destroyed I get to special summon an ancient gear monster from my deck! (searches through deck). I choose ancient gear gajiltron dragon!"
Harper: "... Uh, I activate threatening roar"
LNoir: "very well, I end my turn"
Harper: "I draw! Ugh, I set a monster and activate six samurai united. I end my turn."
LNoir: "draw. Nowtha it's been 2 standbye phases, I add heavy storm to my hand. I attack directly with ascilla piscu! Next, I attack your facedown monster with gadjiltron dragon.
Harper: "you destroyed my shien's footsoldier. I get to special summon a level 3 six samurai, and I choose yariza, which adds a counter on my six samurai united!"
LNoir: "that may be so, but my dragon does damage to you despite your little footsoldier being in defense mode.

(Lp. Harper:3200, LNoir:4200)

Harper: (thinking) "man oh man, what do I do now? He has 2 really powerful monsters, one i can't attack but can attack me directly, and one I can't use traps on when he attacks! And if I destroy the field spell, he'll just summon another dragon!"

Next time: Chapter 2: "A Fateful Duel Pt. 2, Academy Invitation!" 
Back to top Go down
Chaos714
Chaos714

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:13 pm

good work harper! keep it up! :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Arxidia36
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Wow you re in a tough spot Harper :P
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Amateur
Amateur
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:46 pm

ahh my old and broken immortal deck xD

I am to lazy to make a new one that would work
Back to top Go down
http://tdga.forumotion.com/forum.htm
DanceJonDance
DanceJonDance

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:16 pm

oh yes very original x] reminds me of mine!

http://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/articles-fan-fiction-f29/tda-chronicles-ch-11-severed-bond-t1801.htm

it even has the same name <3
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:37 pm

@chaos: thanks :)
@redgar: yup xD. My first duel with vongola is actually very similar to this scenario
@vongola: go for it! I always though it was a pretty cool build
@djd: o_O now that's just creepy xD. Although... perhaps it isn't. Vem made his SDA chronicles before me, and I made this one for DGA and to have our stories intersect, and I think he's a member of TDA [welcome to SDA btw man ;)]
Back to top Go down
DanceJonDance
DanceJonDance

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 pm

thanks sir. I'm here to promote the world cup x] a post should be up soon.
Back to top Go down
Terraplant
Intermediate
Intermediate
Terraplant

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 am

Niiiiiiiice!!!! Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 am

finally someone who describes the characters! very good, and i like the place where the story takes ...place. why is vongola called Lnoir in the chapter?
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Amateur
Amateur
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 am

Winduct wrote:
finally someone who describes the characters! very good, and i like the place where the story takes ...place. why is vongola called LNoir in the chapter?

Because my nick name on KC is LNoir and he first met me as LNoir ^^
Back to top Go down
vem123
zettaisha seigi
zettaisha seigi
vem123

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 am

Hmmm DJD do you think i am copying you ? O.o
Yeah,,maybe i do :P . Just for the title...because my plot is original enough :D
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 am

Sorry about the delay...
The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 2: A Fateful Duel Pt. 2, Academy Invitation!
*Dueling update*
(Lp. Harper:3200, LNoir:4200)

Harper: "my turn, I draw! Hm, I summon the six samurai - kamon in defense mode, which puts another counter on su samurai united. I now send it to the graveyard to draw two cards!" (thinking) "it all comes down to this, I need to draw something good...  Come on!" (out loud) "yes! I Activate yariza's special ability: when I control another six samurai monster, he can attack you directly! Go, yariza! Now, I set 2 cards face down and end my turn."

(Lp. Harper:3200, LNoir:3200)

LNoir: "very well, my move! I attack your yariza with ancient gear dragon!"

Harper: "wrong! I reveal my facedown, gravity bind! Now no monsters level 4 or higher can attack!"
LNoir: "you've locked your own monsters as well."
Harper: "that may be, but yariza is level 3, so he can keep attacking you directly until I win!"
LNoir: "we'll see. I set a facedown and end my turn."
Harper: "I draw! And I..."
LNoir: not so fast! I chain dust tornado to your draw and destroy gravity bind. Too bad for you."
Harper: "ugh, no way!! (looks at what he drew) heh, never mind, this duel is over! I activate brain control, to take control of your ascilla piscu! Ascilla piscu and yariza! Attack him directly!"

(Lp. Harper:2400, LNoir:0)

For the first time since the duel had started, LNoir actually showed emotion and looked genuinely shocked. 

LNoir: "you... Beat me? But, how?"
Harper: "I don't know, I'm just good I guess. And lucky."
LNoir: "EXTREMELY lucky."
Harper: "heh, I guess you're right. Well, (looks at watch) I better get back to the real world, it was good dueling with you."
LNoir: "same to you... But hold up for a second. You may have been lucky, but I can tell you have skill. How would you like to join a duel academy? I think you may reach the top rank even. I'm a tester in the academy, would you like to join?"
Harper: "really? um, well... What academy is it? And what do you guys do really? I've heard very little about academies, except that... well, heh heh, some people think their members are stuck up."
LNoir: "hahaha, no, we're not stuck up, I can assure you. Our academy exists to help our members become better duelists in a variety of ways. We have tournaments, classes, and many other duelists of you skill level, however skilled you are. We all try to be friends."
Harper: "that sounds great!! I think I'll join, but we'll have to do it tomorrow because I have to leave Pseudospace soon."
LNoir: "very well. Our academy is Dueling Universe Academy, or DUA. We have a large plot space on the other side of the city from the KC hub. We are a newer academy, but our members are skilled, and we're on our way to becoming stronger."
Harper: "oh! I've seen that building before. Well, I'll see you tomorrow!"
LNoir: "see you then!"

After Harper left, LNoir returned to DUA. He walked down a stone path with statues of duel monsters lining the path on either side, and it lead to the pair of huge double doors of DUA. As he walked, LNoir saw another man leaning against a statue of dark magician. He was dressed basically the same as LNoir, with a white button-up shirt and black pants, but this man has longish black hair and his shirt was unbuttoned 2 or 3 buttons at the top. He was one of those guys who looked like he was perpetually grinning.

LNoir: "evening Scorpion, how was everything here?"
Scorpion: "oh, fine, a little slow today though, half day for classes, not many duels. So, how many people did you manage to destroy today haha?"
LNoir: "enough... But there was one who beat me." (scorpion's rogueish smile dissapeared)
Scorpion: "uh... WHAT? I thought you were just dueling random people at the KC hub, how did you lose?"
LNoir: "apparently there are still good people there, here's what happened"

(Lnoir relates the duel to Scorpion)

Scorpion: "oh I see, you were just testing a deck... And why didn't you win? Wait, you know you could have won right?"
LNoir: "yes, if I had used heavy storm on my last turn. I would indeed have won. Maybe i got careless, maybe I just wanted to see what he would do. But the point is the guy can think on his feet, that's for sure, and I'm interested how good he'll be once we train him."

As Scorpion and LNoir walk back inside the school, a cloaked figure walks out from behind a statue of Red Eyes B. Dragon where he had been eavesdropping, and dials a number on his cell phone.

Next time: Chapter 3: "A Duel In DUA, The Identity of LNoir!"

Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:04 am

Not bad, but you have some spelling mistakes which are quite obvious. Also, try writing the beginning of the sentence with a capital letter. Apart from that, its quite good, i like how you describe the people and the places but i believe the dialogue needs some work. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:09 am

Capital letters noted (I'm just lazy, but I'll
probaby change it from now on) but spelling mistakes? I accidentally did su instead of six once but I don't see anything else... Anyways, thanks :)
Back to top Go down
redgar
Administrator
Administrator
redgar

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Very nice as expected from Harper! Keep up your fan-fic i am really interested to see waht's up next.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks ^^

Harper woke up early the next morning, which was a bit surprising seeing as he hadn't slept much the previous night. A member of an actual duel academy! Him! And LNoir had said he might even make it to the top dorm :). Harper had spent much of the night improving his Six Samurai deck to be at least twice as good as it had before. He had also researched DUA over Pseudospace's information network, so he knew pretty well what he was getting into. DUA was not in the Top Ten Academies yet, but it had a huge property and at least 80 students enrolled so far in the first 3 months. It seemed pretty promising to Harper, but then again, besides LNoir, he had no idea how good at dueling they really were. Why wait to find out though?
   He put on his standard silver and light blue KC duel disk on his arm, and got inside his Pseudopod, ready to enter Pseudospace. The great thing about Pseudospace was that you can appear anywhere you please in the entire virtual world when you first enter. After that though, you're on your own.

Harper: "Wow! It's even bigger than I remembered!"

Despite the academy being just on the outskirts of Pseudospace's version of Neo Domino City, it was situated in a valley close to some nearby mountains, making it seem close to nature, while not being far away from civilization. DUA indeed had gone the extra mile as far as housing, because while the Blackrose Dorm was one building, Archfiend Red had a number of little houses dotting the valley, and there were several impressive-looking Stardust Blue mansions as well. Not to mention the main headquarters of DUA, which was pretty big in and of itself. 

Harper: (thinking) "With any luck, this will be home"

Meanwhile...
*there is a knock at the door*

LNoir: "Come in dredor."

A young muscular teen with a violet blazer walked into LNoir's room. He had brown hair that stood straight up and wore a red bandana tied across his forehead. He wore an entirely violet duel disk and carried a golden one in his hand. He handed it to LNoir.

dredor: "Here's your duel disk sir."
*dredor looks around* 
"Is there some reason all the blinds are shut and the light is off?"
LNoir: *shrugs* 
"I can think better in the dark."
dredor: *rolls eyes* 
"Well anyway, are you testing any new members today?" 
LNoir: "Just one."
dredor: "Cool! Is he good?!"
LNoir: "Yes, he is."
dredor: *looking a little less excited* 
"I see. Well, I'm sure he wouldn't be interested in being friends with me then..."
LNoir: "Don't be so hard on your dueling skills dredor, and besides, he's a nice guy, I'm sure you'll be good friends."
dredor: "If you say so..."

LNoir grabbed a heavily faded black button-up shirt that was hanging from his four-poster bed. It was frayed heavily at the bottom as well, as if LNoir had got into dozens of fistfights, and been in several rainstorms while wearing it. And perhaps maybe it had been stepped on it a few time also. With dirty cleats.

dredor: "Good luck sir."
LNoir: "Thanks, but I don't need luck."

LNoir walked out of his room and descended the spiral staircase and out through the huge double doors leading to the courtyard behind DUA's main building, where there was a duel arena with 4 dueling areas. The seating was similar to a Roman coliseum's. As LNoir walked through the archway leading to the duel arena, he saw Scorpion leaning against the exit.

Scorpion: "Don't obliterate him before we get a chance to see what he's got now!"

Scorpion wagged his finger at himas he said that, but LNoir didn't slow his pace.

LNoir: "We'll see."

Meanwhile...
Harper was waiting in the duel arena for LNoir to arrive. A stardust blue student was the only one watching on the stands, so Harper decided to talk to him.
Harper: "Hey, I'm Harper, who are you?"
Stardust Blue: "Hey, my name's Fallen King! Nice to meet you Harper, I'm kind of new here too, I just tested last week and made it to Stardust Dorm. 
Harper: "Cool! Are the Stardust Dorms really nice?"
Fallen king: "They sure are! Each dorm
building is like a mansion, but there's only 3 students per mansion, so we sure have lots of room. I don't have a roommate yet though, not a lot of people are making Stardust... Oh, here comes Vongola."
Harper: "Um... Isn't that LNoir?"
Fallen king: "Well, that's his name, but he also took the name Vongola Ten, or Vongola-x."
Harper: "Oh! The Vongola family, I've heard of them! Aren't they an Italian-based mafia that try to preserve peace, even by illegal means?"
Fallen king: "Uh... No. What kind of anime have YOU been watching? It is kind of similar to what you're sayid though. They're a family from Lithuania who are usually the top dueling team in the world, and 'Vongola' is their leader. Vongola-IX was even the right-hand man tothe president.
Harper: "The president? You mean Seto Kaiba?!"
Fallen king: "Yep! But this Vongola is really new at the moment, he's only been Vongola for about half a year. So far he's had an affinity for duel academies and that's about it so far. Maybe some day he'll be the leader of the greatest duel academy in all of Pseudospace or something like that. In any case, i'm interested how far he'll go in the world."
Harper: "Hm, so am I. He seems pretty good from what I've seen him do so far."
Fallen king: "You have no idea... Well good luck! Try to be my new dormmate in Stardust!"

Vongola walked up to his side of the arena and turned on his duel disk.

Vongola/Harper: "Let's duel!"

Next time: Chapter 4: "A Duel In DUA Pt. 2, The Test!" 
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 am

Vongola IX eh? so its like a faimly indeed, nice idea. Im interested in seeing the following duel. Qhy do most people mention academeis and dorms in their stories?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Amateur
Amateur
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Winduct: yep it is, when one dies the name is passed on to the next child in line. And idk... Because it's so much a part of the story I guess, it's based off events from our academies most of them, but with a lot of extra stuff.
Everyone: This story will get much more epic, believe me, I just have to wait to build up the characters and plot first before we kick it into high gear. It will have more action sequences and dueling and bad guys in a few chapters, only a few more chapters of buildup. Also, if you want to be in the story, pm me what you want to look like, what your favorite deck is, and maybe your preference whether you want to be good or bad. That would be really helpful to me, so please help me ;)

Here's the next chapter btw... It's pretty long. Hope you like it!

(Lp. Harper:8000, Vongola:8000)

Vongola: "You may go first."
Harper: "I draw! I summon The Six Samurai - Zanji in attack mode and end my turn"

Vongola smiled faintly.

Harper:"What's so funny?"
Vongola: "You may have won by luck last time, but this is my real deck this time. I summon Blackwing - Shura The Blue Flame in attack mode! Next, by their effects, I special summon Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind and Blackwing - Bora The Spear in attack mode!"
Harper: "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?"
Vongola: "Yeah... So?"
Harper: "Isn't that against the rules?"
Vongola: "No."
Harper "Oh." (reference xD)
Vongola: "Anyway, I activate Gale's effect! Once per turn I can halve your monster's attack points, and I choose Zanji! Next, I attack him with Shura! (Harper:7100). With Shura's effect, since I destroyed your monster, I can special summon a Blackwing from my deck with less than 1500 attack, but it's effect is negated. I choose Blackwing -Vayu The Emblem of Honor! Now, Bora, Gale, Vayu, direct attack! (Harper:3300). Now, I tune Gale and Shura to synchro summon Blackwing Armor Master, and I tune Vayu and Bora to synchro summon Ally of Justice Catastor! Finally, I set 3 cards facedown and end my turn.
Harper: (thinking) "Whoa... I think I'm going to lose! What can I even do... *Draws* "Yes! Now I can..."
Vongola: "I chain Trap Dusthoot to your draw. Now you reveal your hand to me and I send a monster back to your deck. Ah, interesting, return Gorz - The Emmisary of Darkness, since he is your only monster.
Harper: *Gritting teeth* "I end my turn."
Vongola: "Disappointing. Blackwing Armor Master and Ally of Justice Catastor, end this!" (Harper:0, Vongola:8000)

The other 2 duels that they did for the test weren't such a blowout. Harper managed to win the next duel in a rematch against Vongola's Earthbound Immortals, but he lost to his Lightsworn deck, although not near as badly as he did to the Blackwings. Harper felt for sure he would be placed in Blackrose Dorm. Vongola took him to the dining hall in the Mainframe of DUA to take the written test, and then he ate sitting next to Fallen King and a guy called Richlik. 
There were 3 tables in the dining hall, and although they had originally been meant to separate the 3 dorms, Fallen told him that anyone could sit wherever they wanted now. On the far side of the Dining Hall there was something like a stage with a table situated with the long end sideways and horizontally instead of vertically like the other 3 tables. 6 people sat at the high table, and since it was horizontal they faced out toward the other tables. Vongola and Scorpion sat on either side of a tired-looking teenager who wore similar clothes as Scorpion and Vongola, except instead of black pants and a white button-up shirt, he wore a black button-up shirt. The other 3 were much less formally dressed. One had a tie-dyed shirt that was mostly purple, and torn up jeans, and he had a messy mop of blonde hair. He seemed similar to Scorpion, in a way that he seemed to be always grinning even if he wasn't actually grinning. Another one wore a clean white t-shirt, nicer jeans, and a red scarf, with stylish green hair. His hair looked like something from an anime, except maybe not quite so ridiculous. And the last guy... Seemed different. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves, even the tired-looking teen laughed every once in a while and talked to other people, but he just sat there and sullenly ate. He had torn-up jeans on as well, and a very dark blue shirt. He had black hair that was technically long, but not exactly in his face. It went to his ear level, but it was cut so it would be away from his face and parted evenly to either side. He seemed lost in dark thoughts. Suddenly Harper was curious.
Harper: "Who're they?"
Fallen: "The guy in black is Yuri Bakura, he's our head Administrater at DUA, and Vongola and Scorpion are secondary Admins. You know them right?"
Harper: "Yeah. Is yuri good?"
Fallen: "Good at dueling? Eh... He'd probably be archfiend dorm if he were a student. He likes dragon decks a lot, and his Hopeless Dragon deck is actually not bad, he just isn't the best. Vongola and Scorp are the real deal, they're amazing. And of course Tino.
Harper: "Tino?"
Fallen: "Oh, he's that guy over there in the dark blue shirt. He's the leader of
The Stardust Dorm. Personally, I think he's one of the best there is... Funny thing is though, no one knows about him in the big leagues. In fact, almost all of the best people here are unknown, except Vongola."
Harper: "Who are the others?"
Fallen: "Um, the one in the purple shirt is Vhoan "The Wolf". He's head of Blackrose... A really nice guy and he deserves to be head of the Blackroses, but, you know, he's still a Blackrose. He runs plants I think. The one in the red scarf is Mizara, now he's an interesting character. He could have retested by now and probaby entered SD dorm, but I think he limes the Archfiends. He runs a gb deck right now."
Harper: "What about Tino, what deck does he have?"
Fallen: "Hm... That's a good question. He can win with just about anything, and he makes a new deck for every major duel he's in, whether he's dueling in a tournament or against someone really good. Oh, and Vongola is amazing at Blackwings... As you know haha. And Scorpion has a soft spot for gadgets."

Yuri picked up a microphone and stood up.

Yuri: "Attention duelists! We have a new member today, please welcome Harper to DUA!"

Harper stood up and everyone clapped. He sat back down when they were done.

Yuri: "Harper, we've thought a lot about your rank. We decided to place you in... Stardust Blue!!!! Congratulations!!!!"

Everybody clapped even more this time, but Harper just sat there stunned. He couldn't believe he'd actually made it.

Yuri: "Mr. Harper made 100% on the written test, and managed to beat our very own Vongola-x in one of the test duels!

Everyone cheered yet again.

Yuri: "Vongola, you may speak."
Vongola: "Congratulations Harper. I must say you dueled pathetically in the first duel, but improved after that. You have the knowledge, you just need experience, which we can give you. Please come up here and Tino will present you with a card.

Harper walked up the steps to the stage/table. Tino held out a card.
Tino: "Use it well."

It was Stardust Dragon.

Later...
Harper left the mansion/dorm he shared with Fallen King for a minute to get some fresh air. He was pleasantly surprised to be Stardust, but something nagged at him. Tino had said "Use it well". It didn't seem out of the ordinary, but as he had said it he was looking into Harper's eyes, as if piercing through his very soul. It was if Tini knew something about the future that Harper didn't.
Harper looked up. He had wandered his way to Tino's personal mansion. Well... It wasn't too late he supposed... Tino would still be awake. He rang the doorbell. Tino's voice came from the house.
Tino: "Who is it?"
Harper: "Uh, it's Harper, your new dorm member."
Tini: "Door's open."

Harper entered in. Tino was sitting in the front room watching 2 people duel on tv. Harper recognized them as 2 of the Delta Knights.

Harper: "Hey, did you hear DLKz (Delta Knights) is the official team of Pseudospace? Seto appointed them to be his personal backup force of duelists!"
Tino: "Yeah, i did hear about that. They know how to play the game, that's for sure."
Harper: "Yeah! You know, uh, I've heard YOU know how to play the game really well too."

Tino went from semi-sullen to sullen again.

Tino: "Yeah... Let me guess, you want to know why you lost to Vongola and how to be better."

This was not at all what Harper had wanted to talk about, but he said yes anyway.

Harper: "Yeah, I guess."
Tino: "No you don't."
Harper (mystified) "What do you mean no i don't? I know what I want!"
Tino: "You want an easy way to get a pro. There's no such thing. You got to SD because Vongola sees potential in you as a duelist, and you scored high on the written exam. He put you here so you could LEARN to be the best, not because you already are."
Harper: "But I'm..."

But then he stopped short. Harper had beaten countless opponents, and he was better than a lot of people, but against people like the DLKz and Tino and Vongola, he could only put up a fight.

Harper: "So how do I become the best then?"
Tino: "By not comparing yourself to the best. Just duel... And duel with your heart. You have to love your cards and play them as friends and not pawns in a game.
Harper: "... Really?"

Tino nodded. Harper thought about this. After all he and his Six Samurai had been through, he really did just see him as soldiers under his command. He used them because he thought they were on of the better decks he could afford, not because he liked particularly liked them.
Tino: "Well, I think it's time to hit the sack, good night."

Harper left Tino's mansion and walked slowly down the pathway. He felt kind of pathetic now that he realized that he cared nothing for his cards, and wondered how he could change that.

???: "Meow!!!!"

So lost was Harper in his thoughts that this mysterious sound made him jump.

???: "MEOW!!!"

It seemed to be coming from a nearby cave away from the path. Harper looked at the sun. It was turning red and the sun was setting over the horizon. Oh well, it would have to wait.
Harper went inside the cave. He followed a tunnel for several yards and then it opened into a huge cavern with a very tall ceiling. Oddly enough, it seemed similar to a park, there was a lake and gazebos and a few small houses on the cave wall. 
After looking for a little while, Harper found the source of the meowing. An extremely cute white cat with black stripes had tried to squeeze itself through one of the holes in a gazebo, and gotten stuck. It wore a little hat too, and meowed anxiously. Harper pulled it out, and it happily meowed and then began floating around Harper's head.

Harper: "Huh? How can you levitate like that?"

The cat rubbed its cheek against Harper's and purred.

Harper: "Oh, right, I'm talking to a cat."
Cute cat: "meow!" *licks Harper's face*
Harper: "Haha stop it!! That tickles Hehehe!"

The cat meowed again, and with a flash of light turned into a card. Harper looked at the name. Rescue Cat. 
For the first time, he noticed a deck sitting on a table inside the gazebo. He picked it up.

Later...
Fallen king: "No way! You found a synchro cat deck?!"
Harper: "I sure did!"

Harper was back in their dorm with Fallen now, and he was showing him the mysterious deck he had found.

Fallen: "Wow... I bet this belonged to a real pro, it's well made!"
Harper: "I think I'm going to start using it."
Fallen: "Haha! Sorry bro, but you can't! See this? 2 rescue cats, 2 summoner monks, 3 cold waves, 2 dark strike fighters... Rescue cat, summoner, and cold wave got limited by KC like 4 or 5 banlists ago, and dark strike was banned. It'll take some fixing."
Harper: "Yeah... But I really think the engine can still work. I really like it for some reason I can't explain. It's like I was meant for it."
Fallen: "You know, you're right, I think so too. Uh, do you mind if I had 1 rescue cat? You can't have 2 and I'd like to try it out also."

Suddenly Rescue cat appeared at Harper's shoulder, and he jumped.

Harper: "Did you see that?!"
Fallen: "... Uh... See what?"

Rescue Cat nodded and meowed in Fallen's direction. Harper took that as an "okay, fallen can have a copy of
me"

Harper: "Um, never mind. Sure, here you go. One rescue cat."
Fallen: "Thanks man!"

Harper spent much of the night working on how to make a new rescue cat deck for the current banlist. Tomorrow was going to be a good day

Next time: Chapter 5: Rescue Cat to the Rescue! The mighty Shining Flare Wingman!
Back to top Go down
Winduct
Winduct

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:12 am

Nice idea with the Rescue Cat thing. So is it like your signature card?
Good chapter but pretty long, try making it shorter like the others.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Amateur
Amateur
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 am

nah long is good cuz we get more to read :D

P.S. I don't mind if u post a whole book xD (would get something to do :P )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath   The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The DGA Chronicles Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 21: Aftermath
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next